When to expect the arrival of a letter (application in this case)
Important timeline information to note when sending your applications through the Post Office:
1. How long does a letter take to reach its destination when posted locally?
- Letters generally take two days within the same town or city to reach their destination,
- three days between two cities in the same province,
- and four days between cities in different provinces.
2. My letter or parcel is very urgent! How fast can it get to its destination?
Answers: Speed Services option to have your item delivered the next day or, at an extra fee, the same day.
NB: What about Fastmail?
- is a letter service in South Africa with a one-day delivery standard in the same city or town,
- a two-day delivery standard for all other destinations.
These standards do not include the day of posting.
3. What is the standard delivery time for a local registered letter?
Answer: The delivery time is 4-7 working days