The University of Zululand subscribes to the principles embedded in the Employment Equity Act
PHYSICAL PLANNING AND OPERATIONS DIVISION
BUS DRIVER (2 POSITIONS)
REFERENCE NUMBER: 2021/01/TT20/TT45
The purpose of this position is to drive University vehicles; transport staff, students and official University guests on business trips between the University and various destinations in accordance with safety standards and traffic regulations.
• Driving of University vehicles
• Safety adherence
• Vehicle maintenance
• EC / Code 14 Driver’s license.
• PrDP (Professional Driving Permit) relevant to the size of the vehicle to be driven.
• Minimum of 3 years driving experience in a commercial transport environment.
• Mechanical operation of the vehicle.
• Vehicle safety and driver training awareness.
• Vehicle alarm system and operation of anti-hijacking device.
• Changing of wheels.
• Time Management
BEHAVIOR / ATTRIBUTES
• Attention to detail
• Deadline driven
• Result orientated
• Customer focused
• Professional and reliable
CLOSING DATE: 07 February 2021
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment in the position or level as advertised.
To apply for these positions, please email your application to: email@example.com, by no later 12H00 on the closing date stated above.
Your application should include the following:
a) Detailed Curriculum Vitae;
b) Certified copies of ID, Driver’s license and PrDP.
Please indicate clearly the reference number for the respective application on your email subject line.
1. Communication will be entered into with short-listed candidates only.
2. No hand delivered or posted applications will be accepted.
3. Preference will be given to candidates living within a radius of 50 kilometers from KwaDlangezwa area.
“While the University of Zululand strives for equal opportunities, preference will be given to suitably qualified South African Citizens in terms of the University’s employment equity policy.
UNIZULU is committed to employment equity and equal opportunity”.