Job Title Intern
Job ID 3295
Location University Of The Free State
Job Opening Description
Department Centre for Teaching and Learning Qwaqwa Campus
Internship: Academic Student Tutorial and Excellence Programme (A_STEP)
Job ID: 3295
Please ensure that all relevant documentation is attached to your application. INCOMPLETE OR APPLICATIONS SENT VIA EMAIL WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Please note: Combine all the below documents as one document (PDF or Word), when uploading it on the online applications system.
• A detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter (please note that the first three (3) referees on your CV will be contacted with regard to reference checking);
• Certified copies (not older than 3 months) of all academic records;
• Certified copies (not older than 3 months) of qualifications (please provide the SAQA accreditation in the case of foreign qualifications);
• A certified copy (not older than 3 months) of your identity document (ID);
• Proof of registration with a Professional Body (if applicable);
• A copy of your driver’s license (if applicable).
Duties and responsibilities:
• Assist the Teaching and Learning Coordinators (TLC’s) with carrying out research initiatives.
• Assist with portfolio assessments on Blackboard.
• Assist with adhoc problem solving where venues are concerned.
• Assist with logistics of all tutor-training sessions.
• Compile database with full details of tutors.
• Assist with Ad-hoc claims for tutor payments.
• Capture attendance data on Oracle for reporting and research purposes.
• Assist TLC’s with providing thorough constructive feedback to tutors during observations.
• Liaise with tutors and develop evaluation schedule for each semester.
• Distribute, collect, scan and capture evaluation forms for reporting purposes.
• Assist tutors in specific modules with planning and implementing of session plans.
• Bachelor’s degree or B.Tech degree on NQF level 7.
• Business Acumen
o Intermediate Computer skills including but not limited to MS Word, MS Excel and PowerPoint.
o Proven computer skills, including but not limited to MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
o Excellent verbal and written language proficiency in English.
o Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
o Basic qualitative and quantitative research skills.
• Building Coalitions
o Excellent interpersonal skills.
o Ability to work effectively with others and have good interpersonal skills.
• Results Oriented
o Ability to prioritise and work under pressure.
o Ability to work well under pressure.
• Strategic Thinking
o Problem solving skills.
o Meticulous attention to detail.
o Excellent planning and organisational skills.
o Good organisational skills and have the ability to manage events/processes effectively and independently.
• Tutoring or academic facilitation experience in Higher Education.
Assumption of duties: As soon as possible.
Closing date: 10 March 2020.
Salary: The salary scale is available on request.
Enquiries: For enquiries, please feel free to contact 058 518 5096/ 5097/ 5153/ or email Recruit@ufs.ac.za
(Subject to specific conditions): pension scheme, medical aid scheme, group life insurance, housing allowance, leave and sick leave, service bonus and study benefits.
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department/division.
The UFS will only consider applications of candidates who meet all the inherent requirements of the position. Applications that are incomplete or sent by fax or e-mail, will not be considered. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Should you not be contacted within six weeks of the closing date for applications, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.