Are you a Honours Bachelor’s degree holder willing to tutor people online? UNISA is looking for you!
UNISA is the only publicly funded institution in South Africa dedicated to distance education. In keeping with its mandate as a comprehensive, open and distance learning tertiary institution offering a variety of academic and career-focused programmes, the University is inviting applications for services as Online Tutors (E-tutors) on an independent contract basis.
PRACTICAL & SYSTEMATIC THEOLOGY,
ANTROPOLOGY AND ARCHEOLOGY,
AFRIKAANS & THEORY OF LITERATURE,
COMMUNICATION SCIENCE and
Click on the field that you specialized in to see the list of subjects that requires E-Tutors:
E-Tutors will have the following online duties:
• Facilitate delivery of tutorials.
• Manage students’ learning experiences.
• Facilitate students’ interactions with their peers.
• Provide students with academic and technical support.
To be considered as an E-tutor, you must meet the following requirements:
• Not be a Unisa Fixed Term or Permanent staff member.
• Ongoing access to Internet connection at your own cost.
• Minimum of an Honours Bachelor’s degree in the subject that you are applying for.
• Own copies of software packages that may be required for teaching e.g. Internet browsers, word processing etc.
• Advanced computer and Internet skills i.e. no training will be provided in using software packages, Internet sites or email
• Advanced communication skills and proficiency in English (student communication will mostly be text based via myUnisa and discussion forums).
• Commitment to meeting deadlines and a passion for student-centred learning
• Friendly, patient and sensitive to a diversity of students
As an Independent Contractor you will:
• Not be regarded as an employee of Unisa
• Not be entitled to any benefits such as medical aid, office space, equipment, leave (including sick leave), etc. in terms of UNISA’s conditions of service.
• Provide your own infrastructure i.e. your own computer, your own Internet access and any other office related equipment.
• Not be based at a Unisa campus or any location linked to the University.
• Work on your own time in completing teaching tasks online (e.g. interacting with students on discussion forums for a minimum of 6 hours a week not exceeding a maximum of 24 hours a month (spread over a few days per week) to a total of 75hrs per semester.
To apply for the E-Tutors posts you will need to do the following:
1) Complete the application form
2) Attach scanned certified copies of the following documents:
certified copy (within the previous six months) of highest educational qualification.
certified copy (within the previous six months) of academic transcript.
certified copy (within the previous six months) of your identity document/passport.
certified copy (within the previous six months) of your valid permit (foreign applicants).
certified copy (within the previous six months) of SAQA verification of foreign qualifications (if applicable) and;
3) Comprehensive curriculum vitae.
Gross Remuneration: R7736.62 per month
Assumption of duty:
Recommended tutors will have to undergo online training. Contracting will only be finalised and activated after the successful completion of online training, and allocation of students to the e-tutor. Allocation of students to e-tutors only occurs during the tuition period of fifteen (15) weeks per semester for all semester modules and thirty (30) weeks for year modules.
Closing Date: 13 November 2020
Contact RK Mashishi: Tel: (012) 429 4129/ CHStutorialsSocialSciences@unisa.ac.za for General Enquities.
Click below to download Application form and send it to: CHStutorialsSocialScience@unisa.ac.za