Ubuhlebezwe local municipality invites applications for suitably qualified candidates for appointment to the following position:
Social Development Department
1. Ward Support Clerk (X14)
Stipend: RI 700.00 Per Month
(Fixed Term Contract attached to the Office Term Of Councilors)
• Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent qualification
• A tertiary qualification will be an added advantage
• Computer literacy
• Communication skills
• Experience in an administrative office environment
Key performance areas:
• Take minutes during ward committee meetings for necessary record keeping purposes
• Be responsible for filing
• Serve as an administrative link between the municipality and the ward and make sure that there is communication between the two
• Manage the dissemination of information
2. Fire Fighter Trainee
Salary Scale: RS 000.00 Per Month
(Fixed Term 18 Months Contract)
No Municipal benefits will apply (pension, medical aid etc) and applicants are required to make their own arrangements in this respect.
• Grade 12 Certificate
• Fire Fighter I and 11
• Medical Certificate of Fitness
• Disaster Management Qualification will be added as advantage
• Be Physical fit and able bodied
• Satisfy department fitness
• Ability to communicate in both English and lsiZulu
• No criminal record or pending cases
• Must not be more than 35 years of age
• Code Cl driver's licence
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
• React immediately to fire station bells to respond to fire.
• Attend emergency medical and hazardous substances incidences.
• Ensure compliance with all statuary legislation and Council policies/procedures/standards to ensure optimum management of fire fighting.
• Attend rescue and emergency/disaster operations.
• Clean and test of fire fighting and medical equipment.
• Perform administrative duties including the completion of incident reports and reporting of equipment and defects.
• Attend to the efficient care and maintenance of all assets of the fire fighting and emergency services section.
• Perform fire safety inspections.
• Carry out fire fighter and emergency activities at incidents to ensure the safety of fire-fighters and others, with the prime objectives being lives and property.
Ubuhlebezwe Municipality is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
A signed letter of application indicating the position being applied for, together with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of certificates and Identity Document, must be forwarded to: The Municipal Manager, P. 0. Box 132, Ixopo, 3276 by not later than 16h30 on 31 March 2022. Alternatively, applications can be hand delivered at: Ubuhlebezwe Municipality, 29 Margaret Street, Ixopo, 3276.
Faxed applications will not be accepted.
If you do not hear from Council within 30 days of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
All enquiries should be directed to the HR Officer, Ms B Nondabula at (039) 834-7700.
Council reserves the right not to make any appointment into the abovementioned positions.