Sous Chefs (TSE200302-17) - Fedics
Business Unit / Division
Job Type Classification
Location - Town / City
Location - Province
Location - Country
We are currently looking for qualified Sous Chefs with professional culinary skills.
As the leading integrated facilities solutions provider in Africa and the Middle East, operating in over 28 countries, with over 40 000 employees, the Tsebo Solutions Group enables businesses to optimise their efficiency and productivity, and become more successful. We take responsibility of our customers’ non-core activities outside of their expertise, empowering them to focus on their core business. Our local expertise, global standards and innovative cross-divisional solutions, such as catering, cleaning, facility management and security, give us the edge to optimise our customers non-core operations, allowing them to enjoy reduced cost, risk and complexity.
Duties & Responsibilities
• All aspects of food preparation & presentation
• Undertake cooking as per the agreed menus and instructions by superiors.
• Undertake food preparation and cooking duties.
• Ensure wherever necessary the ingredients used are in accordance with the standard issue scale.
• Plan and cater for activities and events outside of the normal daily menu as required.
• To deal with customer requests promptly and politely.
• To ensure food is served promptly and work is carried out quickly and efficiently.
• To ensure portion control, correct preparation and storage methods avoid wastage and keep down costs.
•Effective management of kitchen in the absence of the Production Chef
•To ensure that the necessary stocks are on hand at the right quality and quantity.
•To control and monitor the production kitchen staff
•To ensure that fair discipline is maintained.
•To ensure that all statutory, as well as company, hygiene regulations are being strictly adhered to
•To ensure that all maintenance problems are timeously reported and followed up.
•To ensure that each cook receives the correct orders for the appropriate tables.
•To ensure that each dish leaving the kitchen is checked for quality, quantity, presentation and correct temperature.
•To ensure that the dining room/ restaurant personnel are "standing by" when delicate dishes are served.
•To ensure that regular on-the-job training is carried out so that subordinate staff performs their duties correctly.
•To attend seminars and training courses as and when directed.
•To further your own knowledge of management methods and principles to ensure future advancement and further upgrading in management standards for the profession as a whole
Skills and Competencies
• Demonstrate leadership, innovation & commitment.
• Ability to produce high volume of work in a timely manner which is accurate, complete and of a high quality.
• Interpersonal & communication skills (verbal and written).
• Team player that id production driven.
• Knowledge sharing culture-able & willing to do hands on skill training at units.
• Good timekeeping & excellent food skills.
• Relationship building – network & keep a good line of communication open with clients.
• Strong client and customer service skills.
• Attention to detail with general admin.
• Having served as a food service assistant within the hospitality industry will be an added advantage.
• Proven adequate knowledge and experience of tasks.
• Minimum 2 years Professional culinary skills or experience within a similar environment will be essential.
• Basic qualification or certified training in food preparation and cooking
•Excellent customer service skills
•Must be well spoken
•Ala’Carte as well as banqueting experience