FOOD SERVICE ASSISTANT
Food Service Assistant (TSE200305-3) - Ts Afrika
Food Service Assistant
Business Unit / Division
TsAfrika Catering Solutions
Job Type Classification
Location - Town / City
Location - Province
Location - Country
As the leading integrated facilities solutions provider in Africa and the Middle East, operating in over 28 countries, with over 40 000 employees, the Tsebo Solutions Group enables businesses to optimise their efficiency and productivity, and become more successful. We take responsibility of our customers’ non-core activities outside of their expertise, empowering them to focus on their core business. Our local expertise, global standards and innovative cross-divisional solutions, such as catering, cleaning, facility management and security, give us the edge to optimise our customers non-core operations, allowing them to enjoy reduced cost, risk and complexity.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Comply with all Company and client policies, procedures and statutory regulations, including human resources, site rules, health and safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire, COSHH. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards in your workplace (Specific Site Rules)
• Assist with all aspects of the preparation of food service areas and presentation of food to the notified standard.
• To prepare all food with due care and attention, particularly in regard to customers’ special dietary requirements: for example, nut, dairy or wheat allergies, ensuring completion of daiy allergens log.
• Serve food and drink to customers and guests as directed.
• Assist with the replenishment of food, beverages and equipment to ensure service periods do not stop.
• Assist with hygienic cleaning of utensils and work areas after service periods.
• Assist with the implementation of cleaning schedules to agreed standards.
• Promote a friendly working relationship with colleagues.
• Promote a good company image to customers and guests by using positive customer service practices.
• To assist with the set up, service, clearing and cleaning of function catering as requested.
• To undertake occasional duties outside the normal routine but within the scope of the position and the department’s activities. To assist, as required, at special functions, some of which may occur outside normal working hours, for which you will be paid overtime.
• To report any complaint or compliment and take action if at all possible.
• To report any incident of accident, fire, theft, loss, damage and take action as may be appropriate or possible
Skills and Competencies
• Interpersonal Skills: Client/customer interface
• Trustworthy and Reliable
• Attention to details
• Must enjoy practical and methodical work
• Have good hand-eye coordination
• Be able to work quickly and safely
• Have good personal hygiene
• Be free from skin allergies to foods and detergents
• Have good communication skills
• Must be able to work as part of a team.
• Minimum Matric
• Previous work experience
• Good communications skills
• Experience of working in a similar industry such as food service, catering or hospitality.
• Previous food handling experience
• Ability to adhere to all health & safety practices
• Strong customer service skills
• High levels of personal hygiene and appearance