Service Driver x 40
This advert is open for application by external applicants.
Equity Statement :Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating Division.
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
The closing date is on 10.03.2020. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to .
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email Transnet@tip-offs.com
Operating Division : TPT Nqgura CT
Position Title : Service Driver
Employee Group : Non Permanent
Department : Engineering
Location : Ngqura
Reporting To : Supervisor: Fleet
Grade Level : HRLYK1
Reference Number : 2003794
To transport passengers , goods and documents in accordance with road traffic rules and standard operating procedures in order to optimize terminal productivity.
- Perform daily checks on vehicle prior to commencement of work in order to ensure the vehicle is in good working condition
- Complete daily task sheets , record equipment defects and advise supervisor of defects.
- Ensure that the fuel and fluid levels of equipment are replenished in line with standard operating procedures
- Drive vehicle in accordance with applicable road traffic rules and standard operating procedures and monitor vehicle performance during use.
- Report accidents or incidents which occur during performance of duties
- Ensure correct equipment and tools are utilized during performance of duties
Qualifications & Experience:
- Must have NQF Level 4
- Must have a Valid Code 10 drivers licence with valid PDP
- Must have a minimum of 1 year driving experience
- Residential layout
- Aarto procedures and policy