THULAMELA MUNICIPALITY HEAD OFFICE: THE ECONOMIC HUB OF VHEMBE REGION AN EQUAL EMPLOYER INVITE APPLICATIONS FROM SUITABLE CANDIDATES ON THE FOLLOWING VACANT POSITIONS.
OEPARTMENT : MUNICIPAL MANAGER'S OFFICE
DIVISION i RISK MANAGEMENT
SUB-DISIVION : SECURITY SERVICES
POSITION : SECURITY GUARD (SIX DAY WORKER) SHIFT
NO. OF POST : 8
POST LEVEL : 13
ANNUAL SALARY : R162 528.84
+ A basic education (ABET) or Grade 10.
+ Atleast three (3) years’ security experience.
* Private Security industry Regulatory Authority (PSIRA) registration at least Grade E-CG;
+ Good verbal and written communication skills.
+ Literacy skills and language skills.
+ Self-management and time management.
+ Willingness to work extended hours including weekends and Public holidays.
+ Knowledge of the municipatity’s policies and procedures.
Performing access control and security duties during a shift for Thulamela municipality operational entrances, exit and facilities at allocated sites.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
1. Access control - by conducting regular checks at entrance and exit points to tighten up security and putting control measures in place.
2. Keep Security Register on duty and record alt occurrences at work by making entries on visits and recording any resources (human and capital) at check points to tighten up security.
3. Patrol and guard movable and immovable Assets by conducting foot and Vehicle Patrol by means of shifts to secure and ensure proper flow of Municipal Assets.
4. Ensure safety and security in all properties of the Municipality by checking if all doors are locked, and check if all municipal vehicles taken out are in good condition and signed back still in good condition.
1. Effective Access control and searching in line with Thulamela municipality procedures.
2. Conduct assigned security functions within Thulamela municipality sites.
3. Handling and response to all security incidents.
4. Compliance with security standards (statutory and Thulamela municipality specific).
5. Asset management and protection.
6. Administration duties.
Appointment of candidate will be subject to positive security clearance.
NB. Application must be submitted on the signed Thulamela Municipality application form obtained on the Website: www.thulamela.gov.za. accompanied by comprehensive C.V and certified copies of certificates to be forwarded to: THE MUNICIPAL MANAGER, THULAMELA MUNICIPALITY, P/BAG X5066, THOHOVANDOU, 0950 or may be handed in at Office no.130B during working hours.
For administration enquiries contact:
Thenga A.R. @ 015 962 7775
Closing date: 2 December 2020
Should you not be contacted within 30 days after the closing date, accept that your application was unsuccessful. Qualification, employment background checks, security vetting and screening will be carried out to all shortlisted candidates.