DIRECTORATE: COMMUNITY SERVICES
POST DESIGNATION: SEASONAL WORKER: BEACH SAFETY MONITOR X60
Salary : R 275 per day worked
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Valid certificate in Law Enforcement / Peace Officer / Security
• Grade 12 (NQF Level 4)
• 0- 1-year relevant experience
• Must be physically fit and able bodied to stand and walk around for extended periods of time.
• Must be willing to work weekends, public holidays and shifts as assigned.
• Must be able to work in a team player and use own discretion when required.
• Ability to communicate in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
• Perform all Law Enforcement duties as instructed.
• Ensure strict access control to municipal facilities and beaches.
• Conduct vehicle and/or foot patrol within the central business district and at beaches.
• Prevent incidents through proper enforcement of by-laws.
• Respond to emergency situations.
• Checking of bags and members of the public for security purposes.
• Provide all required reports and work under the instruction of a senior.
ENQUIRIES: MR R VON WILLINGH (044 – 801 6367)
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS
Applicants must submit a formal application form with all fields completed and a comprehensive CV, certified copies (not older than 6 months) of relevant qualifications, identity document and driver’s license, if applicable. Applications must be submitted by hand 71 York Street, George, Main Building, HR Reception. Application forms can be obtained from the Municipal website, www.george.gov.za or HR Reception and must reach the Human Resource Department on or before 23 November 2023 at 16:30pm. Applicants must clearly state the reference number and position title in the subject line of the email.
Only hand delivered applications will be accepted.
Please note that the following will lead to disqualification:
Non-submission of required documents or submission of fraudulent documents.
Canvassing of Councillors and/or officials.
Non-adherence to the instructions on the advertisement.
NB: Please note, where necessary, shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a screening and vetting process. By applying for this position, candidates agree to background checks being performed which will include reference and other relevant checks.
The Municipality reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Should you not hear from us within 3 months of the closing date, kindly regard your application as being unsuccessful.
George Municipality is an equal opportunity employer which subscribes to the principle of affirmative action and Employment Equity. Preference will be given to applicants from the designated/under -represented groups.
The appointment will be subject to the need for signing of an employment contract and, where applicable, a performance agreement and disclosure of benefits and interest.
CLOSING DATE: 30 November 2023