INTERNSHIP: Project Management Assistant (X2)
(12 MONTHS FIXED-TERM CONTRACT)
REPORTS TO N2 & N3 Program Managers
DATE 07 April 2021
LOCATION Eastern Region, 58 Van Eck Place, Mkondeni, Pietermaritzburg
APPOINTMENT TYPE Fixed-term Contract
The purpose of the internship is to provide work-based experience to the suitable candidate in providing professional project administrative support across multiple projects to a centralized Project Team whilst developing and maintaining excellent working relationships with all SANRAL stakeholders to ensure required business results.
• A Bachelor of Project Management / Office Administration or equivalent relevant qualification.
• Good command of English.
• Works well under pressure.
• Ability to remain calm in volatile situations.
• A postgraduate qualification in Project Management/ Office Administration or equivalent relevant qualification.
• A valid driver license
• Ability to manage stakeholders from diverse backgrounds.
• Multilingual in any two vernacular languages.
• Capturing the applications received towards establishment of the N2 and N3 program database.
• Providing required administration support on the daily and monthly reporting updates pertaining to the N2 and N3 upgrade.
• Scheduling and managing weekly/monthly progress meetings for the 10 and 14 packages on this N2/N3 Program (Providing oversight on program diary)
• Taking minutes at progress meetings and keeping record of such minutes.
• Scheduling Project Liaison Committee meetings and providing required administration support such as coordinating committee meeting attendance/securing meeting venues, etc
• Keeping record of each construction contract progress and record of issues pertaining to each construction package
• Providing all other administration duties required on the N2 and N3 upgrade program
• Provide limited technical input on projects when the project manager is not available;
• Coordinating logistics for project meetings;
• Attend to public queries;
• Ensure continuous professionalism with staff and stakeholders;
• Cultivate and maintain good working relationships with key stakeholders,
• Updating internal and AG audit checklists to ensure project is audit ready;
• Circulation of design reports and draft tender documents to project managers and regional specialists, capturing of comments and filing of the final reports/documents.
• Accurate and proficient uploading of documents and drawings to EDMS from project inception to close-out
• Maintain relevant databases for project related information including milestones and expenditure, e.g. updating spreadsheets for contract details, claims, variance reporting, etc
• Ensure correct profiling of documents on EDMS;
• Ensure proper filing of all memos and correspondence in project file
EMPLOYMENT REFERENCE CHECKS