Traffic Officer x60
Ref No. RTMC/TO:TLE/2020
Purpose: To promote road safety through effective and efficient law enforcement programmes.
• South African Citizenship
• A Senior Certificate/Grade 12 (NQF Level 4) or equivalent
• A Traffic/Metro and Traffic Policing Diploma issued by an approved Traffic Training Centre
• Valid driver’s license
• At least 2 years’ practical experience as Traffic Officer
• A proven experience in Road Traffic Law Enforcement specialised interventions
• A proven experience in escorting dangerous goods will be advantageous
• Valid proof of Traffic Officer’s Registration in terms of the National Road Traffic Act (NRTA)
• No Criminal record or previous convictions
•. Extensive experience as an Examiner of Vehicle.
The successful candidate must have the following attributes and competencies:
• Proven record of implementation the National Road Traffic Act, National Land Transport Act, Firearms and Ammunitions Act, Road Traffic Management Act and Criminal Procedure Act
• Understanding the transport or road sector
• Understanding of road traffic management legislation
• Ability to plan, coordinate and lead teams and operations
• A track record in driver licensing or road worthy testing
• Ability to work under pressure
• Good Communication Skills
• Basic computer literacy
• Basic safety principles
•Implement approved and planned projects in Traffic Law Enforcement and other related legislation
• Conduct roadworthy and vehicle inspections
• Issue notices to operators contravening the conditions of the permit
• Attend to court proceedings when called upon to testify
• Conduct escort duties
• Participate in joint law enforcement operations with other law enforcement agencies
•Conduct patrol duties
• Plan and executive Road Traffic Law
Enforcement specialised interventions
•Identify and eliminate traffic problems through enforcement of the (NRTA) and relevant pieces of legislation • Maintain records ad register in
the work conducted and compile reports on outcomes
• Provide training of personnel when required
• perform specific inspection and investigates problem areas
• Share information and work with other law enforcement agencies as directed and appropriate.
To apply please submit a letter of application (no prescribed template), accompanied by a recent Curriculum Vitae as well as certified copies of qualifications, identity document and driving license. Applications must be forwarded via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Candidates are requested to clearly indicate the reference number for the position they are applying for on the email. Candidates should also note that detailed information on the jobs is available on the RTMC website under vacancies.
NB: Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply
The RTMC reserves the right not to make an appointment. Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you have not received any response from us within 3 months, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Enquiries: Ms. N Thobela (012) 999 5200
Closing date: 15 December 2020 at 16:30
NB: No late applications will be accepted