Graduate (RAN201110-7) - Rand Water
Closing Date 2020/11/20 @23:59
Reference Number RAN201110-7
Job Title Graduate
Portfolio Strategic Human Capital
Job Type Classification Graduate
Location - Country South Africa
Location - Province Gauteng
Location - Town / City Alberton
Location - Site Zwartkopjes
Job Advert Summary
In pursuit of Government’s drive for large scale infrastructure development and recognising the inadequacies in public sector’s capacity in implementing infrastructure and related projects, National Treasury, in partnership with municipalities, initiated the Graduate Internship Programme, with a purpose of strengthening the planning, delivery and maintenance of infrastructure through institutional capacity building.
The National Treasury’s Graduate Internship Programme provides an opportunity for graduates to gain the necessary application skills as well as “hands on” work experience in various infrastructure disciplines.
In making the final selection, preference will be given to applicants meeting the following important criteria:
• Suitably Qualified from accredited Universities
• A valid code 08 drivers licence will be an advantage
• Appointments will be made in the context of Employment Equity
• Must be a South African Citizen in possession of a valid SA ID
• Must be under the age of 35 (aligned with the NSDS III)
• Academic record of qualification must be aligned to academic requirements for professional registration with the respective
statutory Councils (ECSA, SAGC, SACQSP, SACPLAN)
Govan Mbeki Local Municipality and Rand Water take pleasure in inviting suitably qualified and unemployed graduates to participate in a Three year fixed term contract programme in the following disciplines:
Discipline Minimum Qualification
Electrical Engineering: BEng/BSc Electrical Engineering
Mechanical Engineering: BEng/BSc Mechanical Engineering
Civil Engineering: BEng/BSc Civil Engineering
Geographic Information Systems (GIS) BSc Geomatics /BSc Geo Informatics/ BSc (Honours/Masters) Geo Informatics
Quantity Surveying BSc Quantity Survey (Honours/Masters)
Town Planning BSc Town and Regional Planning (Honours)
Key Skills and Knowledge
We are looking for a results driven individual and team player, with knowledge of the field of study principles and ability to apply this knowledge; to communicate well at all levels; to plan and organise workloads effectively to enhance performance.
• During the training, graduates will be expected to successfully demonstrate all proficiencies as determined by respective
statutory councils (ECSA, SAGC, SACQSP, SACPLAN)
• Shortlisted applicants will be subjected to assessments, security clearance, qualification verification and will be required to
produce original qualification certificates and academic transcripts /statement of results.
All applicants must ensure that applications including a CV, certified copies of qualifications, Academic transcripts/statement of final results and ID are uploaded as indicated above.