RE: ADVERTISED -EXPERIENTIAL TRAINING PROGRAMME (15 MONTHS)
RE: ADVERTISED -EXPERIENTIAL TRAINING PROGRAMME (15 MONTHS) (RAN200804-0) - Rand Water
Closing Date 2020/10/20
Reference Number RAN200804-0
Job Title RE: ADVERTISED -EXPERIENTIAL TRAINING PROGRAMME (15 MONTHS)
Portfolio Bulk Water Services - Operations
Job Type Classification Internship
Location - Country South Africa
Location - Province Gauteng
Location - Town / City Vereeniging
Location - Site Scientific Services
Job Advert Summary
External applications are invited from suitably qualified students who are interested in joining Rand Water to apply for gaining experiential training in the fields/disciplines of Analytical Chemistry and Microbiology in the Analytical Services Department within the Scientific Services Division at Vereeniging
In making the final selection, first preference will be given to:
• Applicants with a matric and have successfully completed the two years theoretical training as required for a National Diploma in Biotechnology/Microbiology or Chemistry.
• Applicants that are South African Citizens and have a valid SA ID Document.
• Applicants that are under the age of 30 (in line with the NSDS III).
• Applicants that have not participated in previous experiential learning programmes and require the experience to fulfill the requirements of a National Diploma in Biotechnology/Microbiology or Chemistry.
Application must contain the following documents (incomplete applications will not be considered).
• Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae
• Recommendation letter from the Tertiary training institute verifying that the you must only complete the one year training in the workplace environment
• Certified copies of your ID Document
• Certified copies of your training record including the academic transcript
• Basic Principles of ISO 17025
• Collecting samples for water quality analysis.
• Preparation of media, chemicals, reagents and samples received, for the area of work.
• Performing analytical analysis on samples received.
• The documentation and checking of results on the identified databases.
• Performance of, and documentation of, all quality control checks of identified analytical tests.
• Undertaking and documentation of maintenance of equipment, instrumentation, biological cultures and test kits and ensure that they are correctly maintained.
• The adherence to SHE practices and good housekeeping principles in the area of work
. Good Laboratory practice
. Good Behaviour