Management Intern (OMN201005-4) - Protea Chemicals
Closing Date 2020/10/12
Reference Number OMN201005-4
Job Title Management Intern
Company Protea Chemicals a division of Omnia
Location - Town / City Port Elizabeth
Location - Province Eastern Cape
Location - Country South Africa
Job Type Classification Internship
Protea Chemicals a member of the Omnia Group is looking for a graduate who has a strong academic qualification as well as has the ability to bring innovation and intellect to a team.
The Protea Chemicals temporary Management Intern for an opportunity to explore the dynamic world of business through exceptional corporate, personal and leadership development, which will allow them to get to grips with the working world and lay the solid foundation for a successful career. The person will assist management in continuous improvement of site dynamics in terms of roles, responsibilities, operational needs, site outputs and improvement of our overall performance as a business unit.
Essential Technical Qualifications – NQF Level
• Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior Certificate
• Postgraduate or Equivalent NQF level 7 and above/or 3rd Year Honours
Typically, we look for graduates with the following qualifications:
• BCom in Chemical and Industrial engineering
• BCom in Logistics and/or supply chain
ELIGIBILITY OF QUALIFYING STUDENTS:
• South African Citizen
• External applicants with or without work experience
• Average of 70% academically
• Preference will be given to designated groups in line with the provisions of the Protea Chemicals Employment Equity Plan.
- Various duties for successful candidate specific to their field of studies such as to meet desired workplace experience outcomes.
- Motion studies.
- Fulfilling some of the process owners duties for short terms understanding the full business.
• Respect, Integrity, Trust, Commitment, Honesty
• Passionate for managing people / People skills
• Safety Conscious
• Business acumen
• Self driven
• Research Orientated
• Planner / Organiser
• Structured with attention to detail and accuracy
• Innovative problem solving skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Collaborative team player, work co-operatively, and share responsibility with others
• Good written and verbal communication skills are essential