SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT (SCM) INTERNSHIP
Pretoria Office, Ashlea Gardens
The Office of the Pension Funds Adjudicator (OPFA) is a statutory entity established
in terms of the Pension Funds Act, 24 of 1956 to dispose of pension fund complaints
lodged in terms of the Act in a procedurally fair, economical and expeditious manner.
Remuneration: The position offers a Market related salary
The Office of the Pension Funds Adjudicator (OPFA) is seeking to appoint an SCM
Intern who is results-driven, passionate about service delivery, thrives under
pressure, respect deadlines and a team player with high levels of professionalism.
The individual will be exposed and expected to perform the following duties:
• Assist the SCM officer to ensure the procurement of goods and services in
line with the OPFA SCM policy and all applicable legislation.
• Contact service providers to obtain and source quotations.
• Contact service providers for briefing meetings when required.
• Prepare requisitions and purchase order and ensure it matches with the
business specifications and the budget has been confirmed.
• Ensure that purchase orders are approved, and orders are placed with the
relevant service provider/s.
• Follow up on delivery of goods and service and ensure the goods and
services are rendered on time.
• Provide feedback and keep the end user updated of the progress in procuring
the requested goods or services.
• Serve as Secretariat for the SCM Committees and prepare the necessary
submissions ahead of the meetings.
• Participate on the closing and recording of bids.
• Communicate with the service providers for the bid outcomes.
• Maintain accurate and safekeeping of all the SCM records.
• Retrieve and prepare the required information for audit and ensure all the
required information is submitted for audit and received back for record
• Confirm accuracy of invoices with the purchase orders and submit to Finance
• Assists in asset verification process and barcoding of new assets.
• Perform other ad-hoc related requests.
• Compile and submit the monthly and quarterly reports.
• Attend to any other request from the CFO.
Qualifications and Experience
• Tertiary Qualifications (Minimum diploma) or final year studying towards a
degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Finance and/or Accounting or
• Computer Literacy (MS Word, Excel, Ms Outlook)
• Communication skills (Both written and verbal)
• Confidentiality and trustworthy
• Team player and reliability
• Numerical skills
• Planning and organising
• Result driven and self-motivated
Interested persons should apply in writing by submitting their application,
inclusive of letter of motivation, CV, recently certified copies of qualifications
and ID, to email@example.com. Closing date for applications is 26 March 2021.
The OPFA reserves the right not to make an appointment. If you do not receive
any response within a month of the closing date, please accept that your
application has been unsuccessful. Regret correspondence will only be sent to