INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY AND COMMUNICATION (ICT) INTERNSHIP
(GRADUATE) x 2
Pretoria Office, Ashlea Gardens
The Office of the Pension Funds Adjudicator (OPFA) is a statutory entity established
in terms of the Pension Funds Act, 24 of 1956 to dispose of pension fund complaints
lodged in terms of the Act in a procedurally fair, economical and expeditious manner.
Remuneration: The position offers a Market related salary
The Office of the Pension Funds Adjudicator (OPFA) is seeking to appoint an ICT
intern who is results-driven, passionate about service delivery, thrives under
pressure, respect deadlines and a team player with high levels of professionalism.
The individual will be exposed to the following areas:
• Troubleshooting computer hardware and software.
• Receiving, documenting and classifying ICT incidents and resolving them in a
• Ensuring that ICT requests are opened, documented, resolved in a timely
manner and closed in the ticketing system.
• Supporting ICT systems.
• Managing the ICT change and release management processes.
• Keeping the ICT documentation in order (electronic and paper).
• Managing ICT projects.
• Participating and leading ICT meetings.
• Engaging with service providers.
• Collecting information to assist with IT audits.
• Updating ICT procedures and manuals.
• Updating the ICT asset register, warranties, contracts, etc.
• Updating the ICT risk register.
• Producing the monthly reports (ICT operations, budgets, payments, etc)
• Other similar duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
• Tertiary Qualifications (NQF7) in Computer Science or Information
Technology or Information Systems
• Computer Literacy (MS Word, Excel, Ms Outlook)
• Communication skills
• Good writing skills
• Listening skills (verbal and written)
• Planning and organising
• Ability to analyse, interpret, solve problems and good grasp of ICT terms
• Good writing skills with the ability to express complex concepts.
Interested persons should apply in writing by submitting their application,
inclusive of letter of motivation, CV, recently certified copies of qualifications
and ID, to email@example.com. Closing date for applications is 26 March 2021.
The OPFA reserves the right not to make an appointment. If you do not receive
any response within a month of the closing date, please accept that your
application has been unsuccessful. Regret correspondence will only be sent to