FINANCE INTERNSHIP (GRADUATE)
Pretoria Office, Ashlea Gardens
The Office of the Pension Funds Adjudicator (OPFA) is a statutory entity established
in terms of the Pension Funds Act, 24 of 1956 to dispose of pension fund complaints
lodged in terms of the Act in a procedurally fair, economical and expeditious manner.
Remuneration: The position offers a Market related salary
The Office of the Pension Funds Adjudicator (OPFA) is seeking to appoint a Finance
intern who is results-driven, passionate about service delivery, thrives under
pressure, respect deadlines and a team player with high levels of professionalism.
The individual will be exposed to the following areas:
• Provide clerical support to the finance management team.
• Participate in client meetings, phone calls and video conferences.
• Attend all finance meetings and take minutes.
• Scanning and Filing of payment batches.
• Monthly Petty Cash counts.
• Creditors invoices capturing and approval.
• Monthly journals.
• Monthly bank and other reconciliations.
• Monthly Trial Balance.
• Monthly depreciation journals.
• Monthly Prepayment schedule monthly and journals.
• Compilation of Finance Reports.
• Compilation of Management Accounts.
• Compilation of treasury reports.
• Assist with Audits.
• Assets management.
• Keep all correspondence relating to your work including telephone calls,
• Assist project team members and management with document preparation
• Attend to any other relevant request from the CFO
Qualifications and Experience
• Tertiary Qualifications (Minimum Diploma majoring in Accounting)
• Pastel Accounting (Added advantage)
• Knowledge of PFMA (Added Advantage)
• Computer Literacy (MS Word, Excel, Ms Outlook)
• Communication skills
• Listening skills (verbal and written)
• Planning and organising
• Ability to analyse, interpret, solve problems and good grasp of financial terms
• Good writing skills with the ability to express complex concepts.
Interested persons should apply in writing by submitting their application,
inclusive of letter of motivation, CV, recently certified copies of qualifications
and ID, to email@example.com. Closing date for applications is 26 March 2021
The OPFA reserves the right not to make an appointment. If you do not receive
any response within a month of the closing date, please accept that your
application has been unsuccessful. Regret correspondence will only be sent to