The Johannesburg Social Housing Company SOC Limited (JOSHCO) mandate is to develop and manage affordable rental housing for the lower market as an integral part of efforts to eradicate the housing backlog of the City of Johannesburg. JOSHCO is a registered Social Housing Institution and is accredited by the Social Housing Regulatory Authority (SHRA). We invite suitably qualified and experienced persons to apply for the following vacant position.
Position : Office Attendants x 5
Employment Status : Permanent
Department : Corporate Services
Purpose of the Job: The Office Attendant is responsible for maintaining a hygienic and hospitable working
environment by keeping the office building clean and tidy and serving refreshments. The Office Attendant
also assists with collection and delivery of correspondence. As well as performs some administrative
Responsibilities (but not limited to the following):
• To ensure that the offices, meeting Rooms, bathrooms and communal areas are clean and presentable and prepare and serve refreshments as and when required meeting the regulations pertaining to COVID 19 at all times.
• Mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, and wiping fittings and ceiling vents, blinds etc..
• Carry out heavy cleaning tasks and special projects as required.
• -Safe storage of office cleaning materials and other stock
• Stock taking of all stock
• Performing and documenting routine inspection and maintenance activities, keeping such documentation in an evidence file for performance appraisals.
• Ensure meeting rooms are cleaned and prepared when required
• Handle and store cleaning materials according to Safety Health and Environmental policy
• Maintain adequate supply of cleaning stock, refreshments, and other items.
• Report deficiencies and need for repairs proactively
• Perform any other tasks as may be required
• Serve refreshments as per request for visitors and management • Assist to prepare order list of stock
• Store refreshments appropriately
• Maintain kitchen areas hygienically throughout the day
• Maintain Bathrooms hygienically throughout the day
Minimum job Requirements, interested applicants must be in possession of:
• Minimum of a grade 10 or equivalent is required
• Cleaning certificate NQF level (compulsory)
• Health and Safety Certificate Advantageous)
• Knowledge of handling machinery and equipment
• Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies
Interested applicants are invited to apply by submitting their CV’s together with certified copies of qualifications and ID to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position applying for. Cv’s and Copies of Qualifications should either be in Word or PDF Format, other formats will not be considered. Failure to submit the required documents will result in your application not being considered. JOSHCO is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, and all appointments will be made in accordance with the Company’s Employment Equity Plan to promote its representivity (race, gender, and disability). Correspondence will only be limited to shortlisted candidates and applicants who have not been contacted within 6 weeks should consider their applications unsuccessful. JOSHCO reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Closing date: 06 May 2022