INTERNSHIP: SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT X2 (12 months)
Salary Range (differentiated according to the level of qualification): R 6 070.00 - R 8 050.00 per month
Overview of the Organisation
The NMISA is a Type 3A Public Entity established in accordance with the Measurement Unit and Measurement Standards Act, No. 18 of 2006 (the Act). The NMISA is mandated by the Act to provide for the use of the international system of units (the SI) and other measurement units in South Africa, to maintain national measurement standards (NMS) and to determine and ensure the comparability of the NMS. More information can be obtained from www.nmisa.org
Purpose of Role:
To receive training within SCM section with clerical, administrative and secretarial duties by ensuring that efficient and effective service is rendered to internal divisions and to ensure that NMISA complies with all supply chain management rules and regulations.
Minimum Qualifications, knowledge and Experience
• Three-year tertiary qualification in the field of Supply Chain Management / Logistics
• Understanding of all relevant legislation (PFMA, PPPFA, Constitution, etc.)
• Competent in MS Office Software package
• Analysing, quality and detailed orientation
• Good communication skills and report writing skills
Duties and Responsibilities
• Make copies and scan tender document
• Filling of SCM document
• Prepare and arrange meetings
• Capture data on the system and update the file accordingly
• Upload tender document into the system (Website)
• Perform any other assigned job with regard to Supply Chain Management
• Update and follow up expired documents such as Tax Clearance and BBBEE certificates and SBD forms with suppliers
• Perform the help desk function
• Follow-up on supplier’s invoices, statements, orders etc.
• Document management and proper filling of SCM documents
• Coordinate the supplier payment process by registering, processing and forwarding invoices from suppliers to Finance Officer for payment
• Receive delivered goods and verify
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is self-motivated and very detail conscious, dependable and will act in an understanding and helpful manner while performing tasks associated with the position. The position also requires being honest and ethical, being pleasant with others and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
NMISA subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates who meet the requirements and who will add to the cultural and gender diversity of the organisation. NMISA’s Human Capital Development programme, which this Internship forms part of, is focused on recruiting the following candidates in order of preference: Coloured, African & Indians.
Interested and suitably qualified persons may forward all supporting documentation required (updated CV, certified educational qualifications, certified academic record and certified ID.) when applying for the position email NMISA Human Resource at firstname.lastname@example.org Only candidates with all supporting documents will be considered for the position. Clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Closing date for applications: 11 July 2021
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
By applying for this position at NMISA, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that NMISA may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/or the SAP in relation to positions that require trust and honesty and/or entails the handling of cash or finances and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history