INTERNSHIP DOSIMETRY X2 (12 months)
Salary Range (differentiated according to the level of qualification): R 6 375.00 - R 8 375.00 per month
Overview of the Organisation:
NMISA is a Type 3A Public Entity established in accordance with the Measurement Unit and Measurement Standards Act, No. 18 of 2006 (the Act). NMISA is mandated by the Act to provide for the use of the international system of units (the SI) and other measurement units in South Africa, to maintain national measurement standards (NMS) and to determine and ensure the comparability of the NMS. More information can be obtained from www.nmisa.org.
Purpose of Role:
To receive training within the Dosimetry Standards section on development and maintenance of measurement standards, and dissemination thereof. To provide support to the dosimetry audit and perform duties as required by the section.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
• BSc Honours in Physics or equivalent qualification
• Mathematical and statistical knowledge.
• Computer literacy and proficiency in MS Office.
• Knowledge of Radiation Physics (dosimetry) will be an added advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work in an accredited laboratory for the period of their training, the incumbent will comply with NMISA’s policies and procedures and perform all duties in line with the Total Quality Management System.
• Assist with the development and maintenance of dosimetry measurement standards; and dissemination thereof.
• The incumbent will assist in generating, validating, and reviewing procedures for the performance of measurements in field of dosimetry as well as maintain detailed
records of equipment and measurement results generated during the course of the study.
• Assist in administrative duties including purchasing of laboratory consumables
• Initiate and follow up on the timely procurement of any equipment, instruments, consumables or other expenses required to execute the duties
• Assist in meeting EHS objectives by maintaining specified EHS and laboratory responsibilities
• Participate in metrology skills transfer by attending courses and conferences, presenting work done on given projects
The ideal candidate will preferably be a self-starter who is self-motivated and very detail conscious, dependable and will act in an understanding and helpful manner while performing tasks associated with the position. The position also requires being honest and ethical, being pleasant with others and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
NMISA subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act.
Preference will be given to candidates who meet the requirements and who will add to the cultural and gender diversity of the organisation. NMISA’s Human Capital Development programme, which this Internship forms part of, is focused on recruiting the following candidates in order of preference: Coloured, African & Indian.
Interested and suitably qualified persons may forward all supporting documentation required (updated CV, certified educational qualifications, certified academic record and certified ID.) when applying for the position email NMISA Human Resource at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only candidates with all supporting documents will be considered for the position. Clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Closing date for applications: 04 May 2022
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
By applying for this position at NMISA, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that NMISA may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/or the SAP in relation to positions that require trust and honesty and/or entails the handling of cash or finances and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history.