(Duration 12 months)
Salary Range (differentiated according to the level of qualification): R 6070- R 8050
Overview of the Organisation:
NMISA is a Type 3A Public Entity established in accordance with the Measurement Unit and Measurement Standards Act, No. 18 of 2006 (the Act). NMISA is mandated by the Act to provide for the use of the international system of units (the SI) and other measurement
units in South Africa, to maintain national measurement standards (NMS) and to determine and ensure the comparability of the NMS.
Purpose of Role:
To receive training within the Dosimetry Audit Division, Dosimetry calibration and Radiation protection. To provide support to the dosimetry audit and perform duties as required by the section.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
• National Diploma /Degree in Physics or equivalent qualification;
• Basic understanding of radiation protection and radiation science.
• Competent in MS Office Software package;
• Good communication skills and report writing skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with maintenance and development of new audit methodologies;
• Assist with reading of RPLDs from clients participating in the postal audit;
• Assist with verification of correction factors for magazine and RPLD sensitivity corrections;
• Assist with characterisation of small field dedicated RPLDs;
• Assist with the development of film dosimetry and characterization of EBT film for small field dosimetry.
The ideal candidate will preferably be a self-starter who is self-motivated and very detail conscious, dependable and will act in an understanding and helpful manner while performing tasks associated with the position. The position also requires being honest and ethical, being pleasant with others and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
NMISA subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates who meet the requirements and who will add to the cultural and gender diversity of the organisation. NMISA’s Human Capital Development programme, which this Internship forms part of, is focused on recruiting the following candidates in order of preference: Coloured, African & Indian.
Interested and suitably qualified persons may forward all supporting documentation required (updated CV, certified educational qualifications, certified academic record and certified ID.) when applying for the position email NMISA Human Resource at: email@example.com. Only candidates with all supporting documents will be considered for the position. Clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Closing date for applications: 19 October 2020
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
By applying for this position at NMISA, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that NMISA may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/or the SAP in relation to positions that require trust and honesty and/or entails the handling of cash or
finances and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history.