The National Library of South Africa wishes to make the following appointment at its Pretoria Campus
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT TRAINEE
4-Month Fixed Term Contract
Reference Number: 07/01/2021
Stipend: R 5 700.00 per month
The objectives of the National Library of South Africa (NLSA) are to contribute to socio-economic, cultural, educational, scientific and innovative development by collecting, recording, preserving and making available the national documentary heritage and promoting an awareness and appreciation thereof, by fostering information literacy, and by facilitating access to the world’s information resources.
The NLSA invites applications from a suitably qualified person for appointment on a 4-month fixed term contract. The successful candidate will be based at the Pretoria Campus.
• NQF level 6 qualification in Human Resources Management/Development or Industrial Psychology
• Minimum of 12 months of experience as an intern in the Human Resources field
• Ensure that documentation for all new employees are in order, duly signed and completed in full, in line with the Department’s policies and procedures
• Ensure that all information and documentation in respect of terminated employees are processed
• Compile and capture stats, reports and any other documentation as requested by Management
• Assist employees with all queries, including but not limited to employee benefits and general employment queries
• Assist and support HRM Team with HRM functions
• Deal with confirmation of employment queries received, including but not limited to telephonic confirmations, confirmation letters and certificates of service
• Assist during audits
• Timesheet control for payroll
• Ensuring that personnel files are complete and records are kept up-to date
• General administration
• Attend to human resources information system administration
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Ability to take initiative
• Good communication skills
• Relationship-building and interpersonal relationship skills
• Ability to work independently and deliver work within agreed timeframes
• Effective problem-solving skills
• Excellent proficiency in a Windows environment and other Office applications
• High accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability and willingness to learn new skills
• Ability to work successfully under sustained pressure
The National Library of South Africa is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and reserves the right not to make an appointment. Appointments will be made according to our Employment Equity requirements. We encourage applications from people living with disabilities in particular. Prospective candidates will be subjected to background verification which include qualification verification, criminal record checks, identity checks, previous employment history and reference checks.
Applications: Interested applicants must submit a completed prescribed Application Form obtainable from our website on www.nlsa.ac.za accompanied by a covering letter; Curriculum Vitae; certified copies of Matric/Grade12 certificate, qualifications, and Identity Document not older than six months; and proof of COVID-19 vaccination by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. A SAQA evaluation report must accompany
foreign qualifications. Please ensure that you quote the reference number and the position in the subject line of your email.
Please note that if you do not adhere to the above application requirements, your application will be disqualified.
CLOSING DATE: 28 January 2022
Should you not receive any correspondence / communication from the NLSA one month after the closing date, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.