MILITARY SKILLS DEVELOPMENT SYSTEM 2022
South African Navy: COMBAT, ENGINEERING, TECHNICAL AND SUPPORT
MILITARY SKILLS DEVELOPMENT SYSTEM (MSDS)
The SA Navy is offering young South African citizens and excellent opportunity to serve in uniform over a period of two-years. The Military Skills Development System (MSDS) is a two-year voluntary service system with the aim of equipping and developing young South Africans with the necessary skills in order to compete in the open market.
Young recruits are required to sign up for a period of two-years, during which they will receive Military Training and further Functional Training.
All Applicants must comply with the following:
- South African Citizen (no dual citizenship).
- Have no record of criminal offences.
- Not area bound.
- Preferably single.
- Comply with medical fitness requirements for appointments in the SANDF.
- Be free from physical disabilities and not suffer from claustrophobia or fear of heights.
- The required Admission Point Score (APS) for SA Navy is 24 (excluding LO)
- Applicants busy with Grade 12 need not apply
Minimum Requirements for Applicants with Matric/Grade 12 only:
- Combat applicants aged between 18 and 22 (1999 – 2003) must have completed Grade 12 with Mathematics and Physical Science with at least Level 4 for both subjects.
- Engineering and Technical Applicants aged between 18 and 22 must have completed Grade 12 with Mathematics and Physical Science with at least Level 4 for both subjects.
- Support applicants aged between 18 and 22 must have completed Grade 12.
- Matric statement of results for 2019 and before will not be accepted. (Matric certificate is required).
Requirements for Graduates applicants aged between 18 and 26 (1995 – 2002):
- Must have a completed Grade 12 with a completed Degree/Advanced Diploma/National Diploma or N6 with Trade Test Certificate in Mechanical, Marine or Electrical Engineering.
- Must have completed Grade 12 with a completed Degree/Advanced Diploma/or National Diploma in Human Resource/Logistics/ Organization and Work-study/Sports management.
ENQUIRIES AND APPLICATIONS
Admission Enquiries can be directed to: SA Navy Recruitment Centre at (012) 339 4421/4252/4284.
If interested in the MSDS in the SA Navy, kindly complete the application form
with the requested documents & post to: Department of Defence, SA Navy Headquarters (Recruitment Centre), Private Bag X104, Pretoria, 0001
THIS APPLICATION FORM MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH THE FOLLOWING CERTIFIED DOCUMENTS:
1. Copy of ID
2. Copy of Matric Certificate (Matric statement of results for 2019 and before will not be accepted)
3. A short CV
4. Highest achieved qualification (e.g. Degree, National Diploma or N6 with Trade Test (Transcripts of N4 and N5 must be attached).
Closing Date: 30 July 2021
Should you not receive a response by 31 December 2021, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.