South African Army
MILITARY SKILLS DEVELOPMENT SYSTEM (MSDS) 2022
MILITARY SKILLS DEVELOPMENT SYSTEM (MSDS)
The South African Army, through its Military Skills Development System (MSDS), is offering young South African citizens an opportunity to serve in uniform on a two-year contract. The Military Skills Development System is a two-year voluntary service system with the long term goal of rejuvenating and enhancing the SA National Defence Force’s deployment capability.
Successful MSDS candidates will be appointed in a specific mustering and will be called up to a Training Unit, where members will complete their Basic Military Training, specific mustering and functional training in the first year and be utilized or deployed internally or externally in the second year of the MSDS.
- Be a South African citizen (No dual citizenship)
- 18 – 22 years and has successfully completed Grade 12
- Graduates up to the age of 26 (360 credits)
- Successfully completed Grade 12 with average of 50% or level 4 (Mathematics and Science will be advantageous)
- Admission Point Score (APS) of 17 excluding Life Orientation (LO)
- Leadership potential
- Not area bound
- Have no criminal record or pending cases
- Comply with medical fitness requirements for the appointment (Minimum height Females 148cm, Males 155cm and Minimum weight Females 48kg, Males 52kg (Within average height/weight ratio)
- Those that are applying for Music must be up to the age of 26. They must have successfully completed at least Grade 6 Music Qualification from a tertiary institution. Furthermore, they must be able to play an approved music instrument, be able to read music fluently and be prepared to do the auditions.
- Attach CV, Certified Copies: ID, Matric Certificate, Tertiary Qualifications, N6 with transcript N4 and N5
N.B. During the selections, the applicants will be subjected to Psycho-metric and Medical Evaluation; Verification of criminal records; Vetting and Verification of qualifications.
ENQUIRIES AND APPLICATIONS
Should you be interested in the Military Skills Development System in the SA Army, please complete the coupon with the requested documentation enclosed and post it to:
SA Army HQ, Chief Directorate Army Corporate Services, Directorate Army Human Resources, Private Bag X 981, Pretoria, 0001.
Specific related enquiries can be directed to (012) 355 1438 or (012) 35 5 2130.
Closing Date: 30 July 2021
Should you not receive a response by 31 December 2021, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.