South African Army
MILITARY SKILLS DEVELOPMENT SYSTEM (MSDS) 2021
THE MILITARY SKILLS DEVELOPMENT SYSTEM (MSDS)
The South African Army, through its Military Skills Development System (MSDS), is offering young South African citizens an opportunity to serve in uniform on a two-year contract. The Military Skills Development System is a two-year voluntary service system with the long term goal of enhancing the SA National Defence Force’s deployment capability.
Successful MSDS candidates will be appointed in a specific mustering and will be called up to a Training Unit, where members will complete their Basic Military Training, specific mustering and functional training in the first year and be utilized or deployed internally or externally in the second year of the MSDS.
- No dual citizenship: Be a South African citizen only
- Grade 12 Applicants must be between the ages of 18 – 22 years
- Graduates and/or other Tertiary Qualification up to the age of 26 years
- Successfully completed Grade 12 with (Average of 50% or level 4) (Mathematics and Science will be advantageous)
- Admission Point Score (APS) of 17 excl Life Orientation (LO)
- Leadership potential
- Not to be area bound
- Have no criminal record or pending cases
- Comply with medical fitness requirements for the appointment (Minimum height
Females 148cm, Males 155cm and Minimum weight Females 48kg, Males 52kg (Within average height/weight ratio.
N.B. During the selections, the applicants will be subjected to Psycho-metric and Medical Evaluation; Verification of criminal records; Vetting and Verification of qualifications.
This application form must be submitted with the following certified documents:
Copy of ID, copy of Grade 12 certificate/statement of results, highest achieved qualifications (e.g. Degree, National Diploma or N6) and a short CV .
Post the completed coupon and all requested documents to:
SA Army HQ, Chief Directorate Army Corporate Services, Directorate Army Human Resources, Private Bag X 981, Pretoria, 0001.
Specific related enquiries can be directed to (012) 355 1438 or (012) 355 2130.
Closing date: 29 February 2020
Should you not hear from SA Army by 31 October 2020 please consider your application unsuccessful.
COMBAT AND SUPPORT MUSTERINGS
Please chose ONE mustering of your choice
A. Combat mustering
4. AIR DEFENCE
8. SPECIAL FORCES
B. Support mustering
5. FIRE & RESCUE
7. MILITARY POLICE