MOSSEL BAY MUNICIPALITY
Mossel Bay Municipality, an employer committed to equal employment, is in the process of compiling a database for General Workers/General Assistants (no current vacancies)
ONLY APPLICANTS RESIDING WITHIN THE MOSSEL BAY MUNICIPAL BOUNDARIES SHALL BE CONSIDERED FOR THE SHORTLIST OF CANDIDATES
ONLY ONE APPLICATION PER CANDIDATE
GENERAL WORKER / GENERAL ASSISTANTS
• Physically strong and healthy to perform hard labour
• Ability to work with a pick, spade and other hand equipment
• Ability to load and carry heavy weights of up to 25kg
• Willing to work overtime when required
• Minimum experience of 1 month
Certified copies of the following documents must be attached to the application form:
• Identity document
• Proof of academic (school) qualification
• Proof of residential address (municipal account / affidavit)
SALARY SCALE: R106 229.40 - R124 792.32 per annum (T3)
CLOSING DATE: 27 NOVEMBER 2020 (No applications received after 13h00 will be accepted)
- Shortlisted candidates may be subjected and required to undergo a theoretical and/or practical test. Notwithstanding any representations to the contrary, no employment contract will come into effect until a written offer has been made by the municipality to, and accepted by, the applicant.
- Applications in writing on the official application form and accompanied by a comprehensive CV, which will be regarded as confidential, must be directed to: The Senior Manager Human Resources, P O Box 25, Mossel Bay, 6500. These conditions are compulsory and failing to comply will automatically lead to disqualification of the applicant.
- Application forms are available on the Municipal website (www.mosselbay.gov.za) or electronically available from the contact persons mentioned hereunder. Original Certified copies of proof of qualifications should accompany the CV.
- Electronic applications may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For equity purposes please indicate your race, gender and disability status.
- Further details are obtainable from Ms N Bouwer or Ms J Ruiters at telephone number (044) - 6065000.
- If applicants are not contacted within 40 days of the closing date, it can be accepted that they were not successful.
- The Mossel Bay Municipality is committed to comply to the requirements of the Employment Equity Act, No. 55 of 1998, for the advancement of previously disadvantaged and disabled persons.