The Mkhambathini Municipality herby invites suitable qualified applicants to apply for the following position:
DEPARTMENT: CORPORATE SERVICES
PRINCIPAL CLERK -HUMAN RESOURCES (Permanent position)
REMUNERATION: R154 471.80 Per annum (Task Grade 07 of Grade 1 Local Municipality plus benefits as prescribed by collective agreements of local Authorities)
· Grade 12
· National Diploma 3-year qualification in Human Resource Management or relevant qualification.
· 1-year experience and knowledge of Human Resource Management.
· Fully computer literate (Ms Office. Ms word Ms excel and PowerPoint)
· Good communication skills both Verbal and written in English and Isizulu.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
· Update staff files by ensuring that the required as well as the relevant information is kept accordingly, and the relevant staff members are consulted with regard to the required information for record keeping.
· Capturing of leave applications e.g. sick, annual, family responsibility, study by entering all the leave by different departments in order to keep the records accordingly.
· Attend to staff queries by taking all complaints for the attention of the Human Resources Office in order to deal with staff welfare and the human relations accordingly
· Maintain recordkeeping and data maintenance of staff records by entering the information in the computer in order to keep and maintain the records properly.
· Attends to any further enquiries and correspondence received from the Provident/Pension Fund and employee by personally attending to such verbally or in writing.
SECURITY ATTENDANT (Permanent position) (05 Posts)
REMUNERATION: R 106 299.40 Per annum (Task Grade 04 of Grade 1 Local Municipality plus benefits as prescribed by collective agreements of local Authorities)
· STD 7/Grade 9 or an appropriate level of education. (NQF Level 1)
· Registered with PSIRA and Grade A to Grade D security certificate.
· 1year experience as a Security guard/VIP Protector.
· Candidate must be flexible, be able to work under pressure
· Good communication skills in English and Isizulu
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
· Controlling the entry/ exit of personnel/ visitors from the premises and/ or checking vehicles.
· Recording registration and driver details in the ‘gate control register’.
· Interacting with persons found on site to establish reasons and/ or alerting the immediate superior and/ or law enforcement personnel during emergencies/ suspected break-ins and related incidents.
· Communicating the status of security at the premises through verbal interaction with the immediate superior at defined intervals during the shift.
• Patrolling the area and identifying with any deviations or breaches to security procedures (parameter lights not switched on, security gates not closed, etc.)
DEPARTMENT: BUDGET AND TREASURY OFFICE
MUNICIPAL FINANCE MANAGEMENT INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME, MFMIP (02 Posts)
24 MONTHS CONTRACT
REMUNERATION: R100 000 pa all inclusive
· The candidate should hold as a minimum, a three-year bachelor’s degree or National Diploma with majors in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Risk Management and/or Auditing, among others.
· The intern will sign both an employment contract and an internship agreement. The purpose of the agreement is to ensure commitment to the programme which require, amongst other, full participation in the educational and workplace assignments and observance of policies and procedures of the municipality.
· The candidate must be between the ages of 21 and 35.
· The successful candidate (s) will be given every opportunity to learn from allocated mentors, supervisors and coaches within the unit but will also be enrolled in the Municipal Finance Management Programme to be compliant with the issued National Treasury minimum competency levels. Successful candidates will not be allowed to enroll in other private programmes except for those identified for their training and development within the municipality until completion of the internship programme.
· The MFMIP is a structured professional training and work experience programme with the goal of providing high quality training and practical exposure in all aspects of a Municipal Budget and Treasury Office which is governed by the Municipal Finance Management Act, Act 56 of 2003 and the underlying reforms.
· The programme has a logical training sequence that builds on the skills and competencies acquired during Tertiary training.
· It ends with a qualification in Municipal Finance Management in line with the Municipal Regulations on Minimum Competency Levels, Gazette 29967 of 15 June 2007.
Application letter( clearly stating the position you are applying for), together with a comprehensive CV and certified copies of qualifications must be sent to the: The Municipal Manager, Mkhambathini Municipality, Private Bag X04 Camperdown 3720 or hand deliver at: No 18 Old Main Road, Camperdown, 3720.
Closing date 08 December 2020 Kindly note that should you not be contacted within a period of 30 days after closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
Enquiries regarding the post can be directed to Ms. N. Ndlovu. Manager: Human Resources at 0317859345.
Mkhambathini Municipality subscribes to an Employment Equity, Affirmative Action Programme which is non-racist, non-sexist and based on merit.