Operating Division : TPT Cape Town CT
Position Title : Millwright (Multi Engineering Trade)
Employee Group : Permanent
Department : Engineering
Location : Cape Town
Reporting To : Engineering Manager
Grade Level : I4
Reference Number : 203498
To maintain and repair plant and equipment in compliance with legislation, codes of practice and standard operating
procedures in order to optimise equipment availability and performance.
1. Repair and maintain the Electrical and Mechanical systems of Port machines in a reliable, safe and cost effective manner
thereby ensuring that the Terminal’s objectives are met with respect to safety, production service levels and cost control.
2. Fault find and resolve equipment breakdowns, during shift duties on a rotational basis, in an efficient and safe manner
thereby reducing the impact of stoppages to Terminal operations ensuring that production targets are met and the service
delivery to clients are maintained at high levels.
3. Assist the electrical personnel during fault finding, repairs and maintenance of plant equipment to ensure that all work is
carried out safely and efficiently.
4. Facilitate the development of apprentices, colleagues and sub-ordinates through constant skills transfer and knowledge
sharing thereby ensuring the continuous development of Terminal personnel.
5. Routinely check, examine and test mechanical systems to ensure optimal functioning of Terminal equipment in a reliable
and safe condition.
6. Monitor compliance to relevant safety and environmental regulations and legislations and execute corrective action when
required to ensure that the Terminal remains compliant to stipulated regulations and a safe work environment at all times.
7. Assist in the development of solutions with respect to repetitive failures and plant improvement projects thereby ensuring
the continual positive development of the Terminal so that productivity targets are met and exceeded.
Qualifications & Experience:
# Red Seal Millwright Trade Test Certificate
# Valid drivers license
# 1 Year relevant experience in the Millwright engineering environment (Apprenticeship training included and for Internal
# 2-3 Years relevant experience in the Millwright engineering environment (for external candidates)
# Maintenance of Heavy Industrial equipment
# SAP PM system or similar
# Basic rigging skills
# Maintenance of Mechanical/Rotating/Hydraulic/Pneumatic/Structural/Electrical and Instrumentation equipment
# Fault finding on mechanical/rotating/hydraulic/pneumatic/structural/electrical and instrumentation equipment
# Basic planning skills
# OHS Act
# COP 29 (Transnet Candidates)
# Human relations
# Technical knowledge
# Fault finding
# Computer skills
# Systematic thinking
# Safe working practices
# Schematic drawing interpretation (able to read engineering drawings)
# Decision making
# Clear communication skills.
# Time management
The closing date is on 09.11.2023. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application
before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your
application as unsuccessful.