MILITARY SKILLS DEVELOPMENT SYSTEM (MSDS) 2022
The Military Skills Development System is a two-year voluntary service system with the long term goal of enhancing the SA National Defence Force’s deployment capability.
Successful MSDS candidates will be appointed in a specific mustering and will be called up to a Training Unit, where members will complete their Basic Military Training, specific mustering and functional training in the first year and be utilized or deployed in the second year of the
Closing date: 31 July 2021
- RSA Citizen (No dual citizenship)
- Preferably Single
- Not Area Bound
- No Criminal Record
- Comply with medical fitness requirements for appointment in the SANDF
- 22 - 26 Years if in possession of a relevant Tertiary qualification (Degree, N Diploma or N4, N5, N6 prescripts) completed Grade 12 with Level - 4 (Mathematics and Physical Science)
- 18–24 Years – Completed Grade 12 or N3 (Technical) with 6 subjects of which two must be languages Mathematics and Physical Science minimum ( Level – 4)
-18–22 Years (1999 – 2003) -Completed Grade 12 or N3 with 6 subjects including two languages
-22–26 (1995 – 2002) Years if in possession of a 3 year Tertiary qualification (Degree, National Diploma or N6 with N4 and N5 prescripts)
-RSA Citizen (no dual citizenship)
-Not Area Bound
-No Criminal Record
-Comply with medical fitness requirements for appointment in the SANDF
- Applicants aged between 18 and 22 (1999 – 2003) must have completed Grade 12 with Mathematics and Physical Science with at least Level 4 for both subjects.
- Comply with medical fitness requirements for appointments in the SANDF.
- Be free from physical disabilities and not suffer from claustrophobia or fear of heights. (Submarine)
- Willingness to be exposed to water activities. (Submarine)
- Be free from physical disabilities and not suffer from claustrophobia or fear of heights. (Divers)
- Be a strong swimmer with a flair (Divers)