The Mercedes-Benz South Africa Bursary Programme - 2021 Intake
Location: East London
Get a head start into the world of work by participating in the Mercedes-Benz South Africa Bursary Programme, and transport your career with one of the world’s most successful automotive companies. The Programme aims to harness outstanding achievers at Grade 12 and Tertiary levels into our fold of growing Talent, by offering the participant financial aid for studies as well as experiential learning.
Why a Mercedes-Benz South Africa Bursary?
- Study at a University of choice*
- Tuition fees, meals and textbooks are paid for*
- Work at Mercedes-Benz, East London during your vacations*
- Join the MBSA Graduate Development programme after studying*
Who can apply?
- South African Citizens
- Applicants who reside in the Eastern Cape region will have an added advantage when applying for the programme
- Grade 12 learners
- Students enrolled for or currently pursuing full-time studies (1st and 2nd year students will have an added advantage)
- Anyone studying or intending to study in the following fields:
- Computer Engineering / Information Technology / Software Development
- Finance / Accounting
- Supply Chain / Logistics
- Human Resources
Who may not apply?
- Employees of Mercedes-Benz South Africa Group of Companies
How to apply?
- In your application, please include
- A CV as an attachment (ensure that the file size is small enough to upload, e.g. PDF)
- A certified copy of your Grade 11 end of year results & first term grade 12 results, or most recent full Tertiary academic record
- A certified copy of your ID
Other Important information
- Closing date for entries is 30 September 2020
- NB: LATE AND INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
- Should you not hear from MBSA-HR by 04 December 2020 please consider your application unsuccessful
Mercedes-Benz South Africa is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered, however the following will apply:
- Division’s Employment Equity Plan in terms of the Employment Equity Act, No 58, 1998.
- Code of good practice on the employment of people with disabilities.
IMPORTANT: For an optimal selection process, please attach all relevant documents.
What is the selection criteria? - Grade 12, with a 70% average / distinctions in Mathematics and/or Physical Science (engineering streams), for your most recent results (grade 11 end of year results for current grade 12 learners, & final matric results for applicants at tertiary level) - 65% average at tertiary level for the most recent semester results - The first term/first semester results will form part of the selection process for those shortlisted candidates - Shortlisted applicants may be requested to undergo psychometric assessments