APPRENTICE (PETROL) - BEDFORDVIEW
Closing Date 2020/11/29
Reference Number MOT201124-3
Job Title Apprentice (Petrol) - Bedfordview
Branch/Department Service Department- Passenger Cars
Company Cargo Motors - MBPC Bedfordview
Job Type Classification Apprenticeship
Location - Town / City Bedfordview
Location - Province/Area Gauteng
Location - Country South Africa
Mercedes-Benz Bedfordview currently holds vacancies for 3 Apprentices. To provide a technical and diagnostic service within the service department. To advise apprentices and colleagues on methods of accomplishing repairs where necessary. To utilize modern diagnostic equipment to maximum in effecting vehicle
service and to interpret findings. To discuss service detail with customer as required.
To accomplish servicing of electric equipment as required.
• Carry out fault diagnosis to aid and speed vehicle servicing.
• Ensure diagnostic equipment is used in vehicle examinations.
• Ensure DCSA procedures and policies are carried out during repairs and printouts kept.
• Ensure faults are accurately diagnosed to customers’ satisfaction.
• Discuss matter with Service Advisors as required and provide lucid explanations.
• Co-Operate in vehicle care and safety whilst dealing with vehicles.
• Ensure that comebacks are limited to minimum.
• Attend to breakdown calls as and when required.
• Ensure vehicles are returned to customer after service in neat, clean condition.
• All parts to be signed for at parts department and used on relevant vehicle.
• Unused parts to be returned to parts department.
• Ensure diagnosis leads to most cost-effective and accurate remedy to fault or customer complaint.
• Give advice or use techniques which ensure quality but safe time.
• Provide a fault finding and systems diagnostic service on motor vehicles to aid and speed the work of mechanics.
• Complete forms and documentation included in the company’s service routine.
• Draft and prepare any reports required.
• Make suggestions and give advice regarding any special promotional campaign and take part in campaign.
• Ensure that overalls and work area is kept clean and tidy at all times.
• Job Cards to be complete in full handed to service advisor as soon as vehicle is repaired and repair clocking carried out correctly.
• Attend training courses provide MBSA and Cargo Motors.
• Assist with other reasonable requested duties as and when required.
Qualifications and Experience
Grade 12 – Maths and Physical Science
N2 –Engineering Science, Technical Drawing, Maths, Motor Trade Theory