Cape Town, Western Cape
Division Media24 Lifestyle
Minimum experience Internship
Company primary industry Writing and Editing
Job functional area Writing/Editing
It’s time for journalism students and recent graduates to apply for the Franz Kemp Award and Internship for Excellence in Magazine Journalism. Applicants stand the chance to experience a year-long paid internship at Huisgenoot and/or YOU magazine where they will get hands-on experience in a news room and produce digital content. English as well as Afrikaans students can apply.
• Tertiary qualification in journalism, media studies or any relevant field.
• Be digitally savvy
• Be able to produce original content and videos of high quality
Skills & Competencies
• A strong interest in news, online journalism and digital media.
• Excellent writing skills.
• Be comfortable working in English or in Afrikaans.
• A keen eye for viral news and content.
• Experienced user of different social media platforms, including Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
• Knowledge of Content Management Systems, especially WordPress, would be an advantage.
• Eagerness to learn.
• The ability to work in a team as well as independently.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• The ability to produce videos of high quality
• Generate online content and videos for our digital platforms on a daily basis.
• Generate ideas for online as well as print articles on a weekly basis.
• Assist the digital team with uploads and enrichment of content as well as the administrating of social media pages.
• Conceptualizing web-packaging.
Closing date: 20 November 2020