DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT PUBLIC NOTICE
Researchers: Thirty (30)
Contract Period: Twelve (12) months
Stipend amount. RS500.00
Invitation for the unemployed graduates who are without any form of experience in line with their qualification to apply for a twelve (12) month fixed contract as Researchers for the planned research project to be conducted by Limpopo Department of Social Development under the Population and Development Directorate.
1. Applications are hereby invited from unemployed graduates who will support the Limpopo Department of Social Development to conduct a rapid research study on the impact and effectiveness of the departments residential facilities in the provision of services to the targeted beneficiaries.
2. Applications should be submitted on a covering letter and accompanied by a curriculum vitae (CV), certified copies of qualifications and an identity document (ID).
3. Applications for the Provincial Office should be addressed to the Head of Department: Private Bag X9710, Polokwane 0700. Applicants are however advised to hand deliver their applications at 21 Biccard Street, Polokwane, Olympic Tower Building, Office no. 30, Ground Floor. Applications for the districts should be addressed to the respective districts offices as listed on Annexure B of this notice.
4. The closing date for the applications is 31 January 2022 at 16h00.
5. The travelling expenses to attend the interviews will be incurred by the candidates.
6. Enquiries should be directed to Mr MJ Moloisi at 015 230 4381 f 082 457 7120.
Capricorn District research sites. Seshego, Plot 303 Storkloop, Penina Park, Pototer/an. City, and Groothoek.
Mopani District research sites: Giyani, Tzaneen, Ofcotaco and Shiluvani,
Sekhukhune District research sites: Marble Hall, Denilton and Driekop.
Vhembe District research sites: Makhado Town, Bungeni, Mavambe, Thohoyandou and Nzhelele.
Waterberg District research sites: Mokopane, Mookgophong, Modimolle, Be'abate and Thabazmbi.
Provincial Office research sites: Polokwane City.
Provincial Office: A completed national diploma I degree in Social Work, Nursing, Psychology, Information and Technology, Computer Science, Media and Communication, Law, and Social Sciences from accredited academic Institutions.
Districts Offices: A completed national diploma / degree in Social Work. Nursing, Psychology, Sociology, and Social Sciences from accredited academic institutions.
Knowledge and skills
• Knowledge of Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA). Batho Pete Principles, Legislative and other mandates relevant to the Department of Social Development
• Knowledge of research protocols and research ethics.
• Must have knowledge of conducting field research! data collection
• Must be able to speak the local languages in the areas selected for the research project
• Good listening, verbal and writing skills (i.e. Communication skills)
• Computer skills.
Key Performance Areas
• Conduct face to face interviews at the sites selected for the research project.
• Administer the completion of the research instrument) tool with the research participants.
• Ensure safe keeping of the research data collected
• At all times adhere to the principles of privacy, confidentiality and anonymity.
• Attend and participate the stakeholders’ engagements and meetings
• Compile weekly! monthly work programmes and reports.
NB: Applicants are encouraged to hand deliver their applications to prevent late delivery of applications.
Limpopo Department of Social Development addresses for the purpose of directing applications:
NO STATION TEL NO. POSTAL ADDRESS PHYSICAL ADDRESS
Tell: 015 290 9000
Postal address: District Director: Capricorn District, Private Bag X9709, Polokwane, 0700
Physical Address: 34 Hans Van Rensburg, Polokwane, 0699
Tell: 015 811 4300
Postal Address: District Director: Mopani District, Private Bag X9689, Giyani 0826,
Physical address: Unigaz Road, Giyani
Tell: 015 832 9900
Postal address: District Director: Sekhukhune District, Private Bag X80, Polokwane 0737,
Physical address: Old Parliament Building, Lebowakgomo
Tell: 015 962 4958
Postal address: District Director: Vhembe District, Private Bag X5040, Thohoyandou, 0950
Physical Address: Old Parliament Building, Thohoyandou
Tell: 014 718 1700
Postal address: District Director: Waterberg District, Private Bag X1051, Modimolle, 0510
Physical address: Cnr. Elias Motsoaledi and Thabo Mbeki, Modimolle
Tell: 015 230 4300
Postal address: Head of Department: Dept. of Social Development, Private Bag X9710, Polokwane, 0700
Physical address: 21 Biccard Street, Olympic Tower Building, Polokwane, 0699