Ref No: 8/8/13/1
DEPARTMENTAL CIRCULAR NUMBER 02 OF 2020
APPLICATION FOR APPOINTMENT AS AN EXAMINATION ASSISTANT: 2020 — 2021
1. Temporary casual personnel will be appointed as Examination Assistants to assist the Limpopo Department of Education in the administration of National Senior Certificate, Senior Certificate and AET L4.
Suitable applicants that fulfil the requirements are invited to apply for this task.
2. Minimum requirements for appointment as an Examination Assistant are as follows:
2.1 Unemployed graduates (less than thirty five (35) years)
2.2 Registered at a tertiary institution (provide documentary proof)
2.3 South African citizen residing in Limpopo Province
2.4 Must be available every day for the full period during which marking takes place
2.5 Must be prepared to work under extreme pressure with tight deadlines.
2.6 Excellent numerical skills.
Note: It is the Departments intention to promote equity through the filling of Examination Assistant posts, according to the Employment Equity targets. To facilitate this process successfully, an indication of race, gender and disability status is required.
3. Applicants may be required to work at a centre away from their places of residence, in this case they will be accommodated at a school hostel.
3.1 Markings will be at the following Marking Centres:
Gen. Piet Joubert School
Hoerskool Louis Tricharcit
Tom Naude Technical
Hoerskool Ben Voster
Northern Academy Primary School
Northern Academy Secondary School
Kuschke Agricultural High
Hoerskool Ben Viljoen
University of Limpopo
New Horizon Special School
Settlers Agricultural School
4. To apply for a position as an Examination Assistant the applicant must complete the attached application form LPE34.
6. The applicant must submit the application form with recently certified copies of:
• Identity document
• Academic qualifications if unemployed
• Evidence of current registration if registered at a recognised institution of Higher learning
Fully completed application forms will be received at the Circuit Offices, District Offices (Examination Section) and Provincial Office (Examinations and Assessment Chief Directorate, Office Number B44, 113 Biccard Street).
8. The successful applicants will be paid hourly tariffs determined yearly in terms of the PAM document.
9. The closing date for applications is 28 February 2020.
10. Enquiries: Mahapa L @ 015 290 7833