A career opportunity exists for the right candidate in Cape Town - Century City Lab
Reference No: 514793
An opportunity has presented itself to appoint a suitably qualified candidate into the position of Laboratory Assistant: Peripheral Laboratory. This is a Permanent LA position based at Cape Town - Century City Lab.
To perform laboratory specimen preparations and related procedures in terms of pre and post testing standard operating procedures.
Administers the receiving, capturing and distribution of all samples to ensure correct information is obtained and recorded and to facilitate the speedy processing of samples in terms of service objectives
Minimum Criteria Required
Registration as student in relevant discipline with HPCSA
0-1 Yrs Relevant Working Experience
Relevant Job Knowledge
Anatomy, physiology and medical terminology relevant to medical pathology
Laboratory information systems
Laboratory standards operating procedures and processes
Medical ethical guidelines in the medical pathology fields
Organisational policy procedures
Key Performance Areas
• Receives, sorts and refers (where applicable) specimens for testing.
• Verifies, capture and validates information on the Meditech system against specimens received and tests requested on the requisition form.
• Carries out different laboratory procedures for specimen and/or media preparation for analysis in accordance with the specific test required and standard operating procedures.
• Performs tasks in support of the analytical process as per discipline requirements, e.g. stain preparation; glassware wash-up etc.
• Labels and stores samples/media (where applicable) to ensure traceability in accordance with procedures.
• Monitors stock availability of consumables to ensure availability of all necessary commodities.
• Operates, maintains and calibrates the general laboratory equipment e.g. stopwatch, centrifuge, used in the laboratory to ensure that it is operating efficiently and providing accurate results. This includes recording equipment maintenance as well as recognising and resolving problems by troubleshooting mal- functioning equipment and using alternative procedures as per syllabus or as instructed by the laboratory manager.
• Implements sound housekeeping procedures and work effectively with others as a member of a team to ensure a safe working environment in accordance with relevant legislation and all safety protocols. This includes the on-going maintenance of quality assurance standards, adherence to infection control measures, correct disposal of bio-hazardous waste and participation (as per delegated responsibilities) in the preparation process for internal and external quality control audits.
• Reports incidents, equipment failures, problems and reads documents and actions tasks on the laboratory information management system in compliance with relevant organisational policy.
• Attends seminars and participates in continuing professional development (CPD) activities to continuously update knowledge and skills as well as comply with professional registration requirements. This includes ensuring the availability of up to date records that can be presented immediately on request thereof.
• Adheres to professional and ethical conduct requirements in line with organisational policy and relevant professional body ethical standards.
• Handles and refers administrative queries and customer complaints to ensure timely resolution of queries and responses to complaints.
• Responsible to track progress of sample delivery by couriers to ensure that specimens are received by the designated laboratory, processed and results returned timeously and in compliance with set standard operating procedures
• Investigates bottleneck in pre-analytical laboratory processes and ensure timely resolution of Challenge
• Ensures basic housekeeping in own working area, including suitable cleaning and preparation of equipment according to set standard operating procedures
• Monitors stock level and orders additional stock to ensure the availability of required materials at all times and ensure delivery of stock to the doctor’s rooms
• Represents the organisation by applying the principles of customer care in the medical pathology field and interacts professionally and ethically with medical professionals and staff
• Management of the reception area and give out relevant information and direct clients to relevant departments while offering excellent customer service
• Receives cash from patients and ensures banking of monies in accordance with relevant standard operating procedures
• Reports incidents, logs customer complaints and problem solutions, reads documents and actions tasks on the laboratory information management system in compliance with relevant organisational policy
• Responsible for adhering to Lancet uniform protocols as per set standard operating procedures
Ability to work in a pressured environment
Ability to work as part of a team
Attention To Detail
Confidentiality / Sensitivity
Follow up of Incompletes
Compensation is commensurate with qualification and experience level.
- Closing date: 08-07-2020