Operating Division : Transnet Corporate Centre
Position Title : Young Professional (Admin Assistant Office of the Head of Foundation)
Employee Group : Trainee
Department : Corp Affairs
Location : Johannesburg
Reporting To : Head: Transnet Foundation
Grade Level : YPT
Reference Number : 6014566
Provide administrative support to the Office of the Head of the Foundation and other Portfolio Managers within the
Foundation and support the Executive Assistant
• Respond to basic internal and external queries and requests for information from the Foundation; all such requests will be referred to the Position.
• Follow-up on the timely submission of reports on behalf of the Head of the Foundation.
• Compile, disseminate, maintain and electronically file the necessary documentation on behalf of the Head of the Foundation so that information and documentation packages are available for meetings, briefings, correspondence, reports, etc.
• Prepare Purchase Requests on SAP and liaise with Group Finance for the creation of Purchase Orders and follow through for payment to be affected.
• Administration and processing of all travel requests submitted to the Head of the Foundation.
• Monitor all Portfolio activities and provide status reports to the Head of the Foundation.
• Attend meetings as and when required with the Head of Department (Transnet Foundation) and follow up on actions required, emanating from meetings so that these are incorporated into the Head of Department (Transnet Foundation)’s schedule and are done as required in the minutes and within the required time frame.
• Also includes providing backup and support (on request of the Head of Department (Transnet Foundation)) at any meetings to ensure that information or advice is provided to the Head of Department (Transnet Foundation) in the meeting to facilitate informed decision-making.
• Follow up on tasks and commitments of the Head of Department (Transnet Foundation) so that decisions/actions are tracked and implemented accordingly.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or National Diploma in Communications, Marketing and Branding Corporate Communication or equivalent qualification is required.
Standard Job Requirements
• Driver’s license code 08 will be an added advantage
• Travel as required and approved
• Computer Literacy
• Interpersonal skills
• Conflict Management
• Report writing
• Project Management
• Exceptional time management skills
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
The closing date is on 27.09.2023. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to PRECIOUS.MPUSULA@TRANSNET.NET.