STUDENT INTERNSHIP POSITIONS:
GROUP CORPORATE & SHARED SERVICES DEPARTMENT
An internship programme is an intervention by the City of Johannesburg to address the growing demand by a tertiary institution for students to undergo on-the-job exposure, as a pre-requisite to acquire an academic qualification or as a requirement after the acquisition of academic qualification to obtain experiential training. The City is committed to providing work-based training for students.
• This internship opportunity is applicable to youth in the Johannesburg communities, who qualifies for this internship and have never participated in an internship programme before.
• This Vacancy is open to all qualifying STUDENTS in the Johannesburg Community for a period not exceeding 18 months
• Interested applicants are invited to apply for the positions listed in the circular.
• Complete the online job application form and attach all relevant documents (Certified Qualification/s, ID, and CV).
• Applicants are advised to use Google Chrome when applying for CoJ positions.
• The City of Johannesburg reserves the right not to make an appointment.
• Appointments will be made in accordance with the COJ Employment Equity policy and People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
• The City of Johannesburg is an equal opportunity employer.
• Any misrepresentation or failure to disclose material information on the application form or CV will automatically disqualify your application.
1 DESIGNATION: Internship: Administration & Logistics
(Enrolled as a student, N6 completed): R3 500,00 pm (Basic salary, no benefits)
(Qualification completed with min 360 credits): R9 531,54 pm (Basic Salary, no benefits)
LOCATION: 158 Civic Boulevard, Metro Centre, Braamfontein
• Grade 12/NQF level 4;
• N6 Certificate in Business Management/Public Management (Confirmation Letter from the institution will be required) OR
• National Diploma in Public Administration/Business Administration/Public Management/Administration Management at NQF level 6;
• Computer literacy – MS Office Applications and email; and
• Only City of Joburg residents will be considered.
Coordinate activities and requirements associated with Management and the
application of administrative and secretarial procedures, communication, planning, and
prioritization of confidential and important appointments, events/functions, and
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
• Coordinate activities and requirements associated with Management and the application of
administrative and secretarial procedures, communication, planning, and prioritization of
confidential and important appointments, events/functions, and meetings;
• Ensure effective functional execution of duties to guarantee customer satisfaction and
services at meetings, workshops, and functions;
• Responsible for frontline communication and user-friendly service for all clients.
• Computer literacy including MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
• Good communication (listening, speaking and writing) and coordinating skills;
• High level of confidentiality and organisational skills;
• Analytical and research skills;
• Interpersonal skills;
• Ability to make decisions and solve problems;
• Ability to plan, organize and prioritise work;
• Strong working ethic;
• Numeracy, time management and planning skills
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and withhold confidential information;
• Ability to work independently and where necessary take key decisions in complex
situations, as well as stand by the decision taken;
• Ability to multi-task and deliver according to deadlines;
• Excellent ability to effectively manage staff and other resources;
• Building and maintaining effective working relations;
• Ability to use sound judgment and make decisions pertaining to day-to-day responsibilities;
• Ability to work under pressure;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels;
• Collaborative/Teamwork, Values and Integrity, Attention to detail, and quality-focused;
• Customer and Service Delivery Management (Batho Pele) Ethics, Professionalism.
Contact Person: Boitumelo Makgoba
Tel No: (011) 407 6076
Please take note that only online applications will be considered. Please apply by using the following link below:
Closing date: 07 September 2023