The City of Johannesburg (CoJ), Group Governance has the following Internship opportunity available for a period NOT exceeding eighteen (18) months.
DEPARTMENT: Group Governance
BRANCH: Governance and Reporting
REMUNERATION: (Enrolled as a student): R3 500,00 pm (Basic salary, no benefits) / (Qualification completed with min 360 credits): R9 531,54 pm (Basic Salary, no benefits)
LOCATION: 33 Hoofd Street, Braampark Forum 1, Braamfontein
• Grade 12/NQF level 4;
• Degree in Public management or Law qualification;
• Confirmation letter from institution;
• Computer literacy – MS Office Applications and email; and
• Only City of Joburg residents will be considered.
Perform tasks/activities associated with coordinating the logistical and procedural requirements for Group Governance, provision of secretarial/administration support through the application of laid down departmental procedures, accessing and making available information, translating documents and performing related administrative duties. Work closely with Head of department, management support and Governance Management in iorder to agree with the agenda, finalise reports required, communicate in a timely and efficient manner to stakeholders and address and/or all challenges as they arise in order to have efficient meetings that translate to appropriate responsibility and accountability of performance for the meeting and the HOU office.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
• Coordinate specific logistical, and procedural requirements associated with HOU office;
• Provide administrative and Law support to various Group Sub Sections Sittings within the City of Johannesburg by Group Governance;
• Perform administrative/secretarial activities associated with the preparation of documents and correspondence for circulation.
• Computer literacy including MS Office Applications (Word, Excel);
• Good communication and coordinating skills;
• High level of confidentiality and organisational skills;
• Time Management, working independently, under pressure, and ability to prioritise.
• Sound numerical ability.
• Basic knowledge of administrative support concepts and functions;
• Knowledge of HR processes;
• Collaborative/Teamwork, Values and Integrity, Attention to detail, and quality focused;
• Customer and Service Delivery Management (Batho Pele) Ethics, Professionalism.
Contact Person: Nthabiseng Makhele @ Tel No: (011) 021 6345
Please take note that only online applications will be considered. Please apply by using the following link below:
CLOSING DATE: WEDNESDAY, 13 SEPTEMBER 2023