GROUP GOVERNANCE DEPARTMENT
An internship programme is an intervention by the City of Johannesburg to address the growing demand by a tertiary institution for students to undergo on-the-job exposure, as a pre-requisite to acquire an academic qualification or as a requirement after the acquisition of academic qualification to obtain experiential training. The City is committed to providing work-based training for students.
• This internship opportunity is applicable to youth in the Johannesburg communities, who qualifies for this internship and have never participated in an internship programme before.
• This Vacancy is open to all qualifying STUDENTS in the Johannesburg Community for a period not exceeding 18 months
• Interested applicants are invited to apply for the positions listed in the circular.
• Complete the online job application form and attach all relevant documents (Certified Qualification/s, ID, and CV).
• Applicants are advised to use Google Chrome when applying for CoJ positions.
• The City of Johannesburg reserves the right not to make an appointment.
• Appointments will be made in accordance with the COJ Employment Equity policy and People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
• The City of Johannesburg is an equal opportunity employer.
• Any misrepresentation or failure to disclose material information on the application form or CV will automatically disqualify your application.
DEPARTMENT: Group Governance
(Enrolled as a student): R3 500,00 pm (Basic salary, no benefits)
(Qualification completed with min 360 credits): R9 531,54 pm (Basic Salary, no benefits)
LOCATION: 33 Hoofd Street, Braampark Forum 1,
• Grade 12/NQF level 4;
• Degree in Commerce;
• Confirmation letter from institution;
• Computer literacy – MS Office Applications and email; and
• Only City of Joburg residents will be considered.
Perform tasks/activities associated with coordinating the logistical and procedural
requirements for Group Governance, provision of secretarial/administration support
through the application of laid down departmental procedures, accessing and making
available information, translating documents and performing related finance duties.
Work closely with Finance Management in in order to agree with the agenda, finalise
reports required, communicate in a timely and efficient manner to stakeholders and
address and/or all challenges as they arise in order to have efficient meetings that
translate to appropriate responsibility and accountability of performance for the meting
and the Finance Department.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
• Coordinate specific logistical, and procedural requirements associated with Finance and
Management Support Department;
• Provide administrative and finance support to various Group Sub Sections Sittings within
the City of Johannesburg by Group Governance;
• Perform administrative/secretarial activities associated with the preparation of documents
and correspondence for circulation.
• Computer literacy including MS Office Applications (Word, Excel);
• Good communication and coordinating skills;
• High level of confidentiality and organisational skills;
• Time Management, working independently, under pressure, and ability to prioritise.
• Sound numerical ability.
• Basic knowledge of administrative/finance support concepts and functions;
• Knowledge of HR processes;
• Collaborative/Teamwork, Values and Integrity, Attention to detail, and quality focused;
• Customer and Service Delivery Management (Batho Pele) Ethics, Professionalism.
Contact Person: Nthabiseng Makhele
Tel No: (011) 021 6345
Please take note that only online applications will be considered. Please apply by using the following link below:
Closing date: 07 September 2023