HR ASSISTANT – B4
Umfolozi Sugar Mill (Pty) Ltd situated in Zululand, 25 km’s from St Lucia and 48 km’s from Richards
Bay has an exciting opportunity in the HR department for a young and dynamic individual who is
highly motivated, a big team player and influential through their strong leadership skills. Reporting
to the Employee Relations Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for HR administrative
duties and to ensure timeous recruitment of casual labour and fixed term contract employees.
• National Diploma / B Tech / Degree in Human Resources or equivalent.
• Two years (2) experience in the Human Resources environment.
• Basic knowledge of recruitment processes, HR administration and employee relation.
• Basic knowledge of the HR systems, Sage 300 People will be highly advantageous.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
• Excellent interpersonal skills across all levels.
• Computer literacy on Microsoft package.
• Must be a team player and high integrity.
• Basic Knowledge of SA labour laws.
• Must have valid driver’s licence.
KEY FOCUS AREAS
• Responsible for fixed term contract (FTC) and casual labour recruitment process.
• Responsible for ensuring timeous submission of FTC contracts to payroll for payments.
• Responsible for ensuring timeous submission of casual labour spreadsheet and requisitions to
payroll for payment.
• Responsible for accurate capturing of FTCs and casual labour details onto the HR System.
• Responsible for record keeping and maintenance of the casual pool list.
• Responsible for record keeping of FTCs personal details.
• Responsible for weekly and monthly reports for FTCs and casual labour.
• Generate lease agreements for all USM village residents and ensure that they are signed
• Assist the HR team with other general HR duties.
Applications accompanied by a detailed C.V. and proof of qualifications may be forwarded to the
HR Practitioner on or before closing date at email@example.com
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 20 JULY 2023
This appointment will be made in accordance with the USM’s EE Plan. Should you not receive any
response within one month of this closing date, please consider your application as having been
unsuccessful. Umfolozi Sugar Mill (Pty) Ltd reserves the right not to make an appointment to the
position as advertised.