IT IS YOUR TIME TO SHINE
Great prizes to be won!
The University of the Free State presents the Star of Stars competition. If you are a bright spark, passionate and aspire to inspire, then Star of Stars is meant for you! All Grade 12 learners in the Motheo, Lejweleputswa, Xhariep, Thabo Mofutsanyane, and Fezile Dabi districts who are achievers in academics and leadership, and/or involved in community projects, are invited to enter this once in a lifetime competition. Let your brightness shine through by entering today.
Applications will be open from 1 April 2023 to 31 August 2023.
Please get your Application Form from your school, one of the UFS marketers or phone +27514013000 or email infopufs.ac.za I email@example.com
The Star of Stars winner will be announced during a prestigious gala evening in February 2024.
Kick-start your studies, because you were born to shine! 0 naledi. For more information contact: +27 51 401 3000 1 firstname.lastname@example.org I email@example.com
1. You must currently be in Grade 12 and have applied at the University of the Free State (UFS) in 2024 to qualify.
2. ALL achievers in Grade 12 may enter themselves. It is not a requirement that your school should enter you for this competition.
3. The principal's signature and school stamp MUST be on the form and serve as certification that all the information on the entry form is correct.
4. Only the attached entry form will be accepted. Only attach the relevant letters/certificates or other documentary proof of provincial and national achievements — NO Curriculum Vitae (CV's), will be accepted.
5. Attach certified copies of your final Grade 11, Grade 12 March, and Grade 12 June results to your entry form.
6. No registered post will be accepted.
7. Phone +27 51 401 3000 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com to confirm that your entry form has reached us.
8. PLEASE NOTE: Send the completed form before 31 August 2023 to: Star of Stars Attention: Director Student Recruitment Services, PO Box 339, Bloemfontein, 9300.
The entry form can also be delivered by hand to:
Student Recruitment Services, Wekkie Smyrna") Building, c/o Rector and Graduandi Avenue, UFS Campus, Bloemfontein.
9. Incomplete entry forms (reports or signature of the principal is omitted) will be disqualified.
10. No late applications will be considered.
11. Only entries from Quintile 1 to 3 schools (Dinaledi, township and rural schools) from the Motheo, Xhariep, Lejweleputswa, Thabo Mofutsanyana, and Fezile Dabi districts will be accepted.
12. Please familiarise yourself with the different closing dates for the different programmes at the UFS. You must have applied to study at the UFS before the closing date in order to enter the Star of Stars competition.
13. The Top 20 finalists will be announced end of September and the prizes will be delivered to the eligible candidates at their respective schools.
14. The Star of Stars winner will be announced during a gala evening that will take place early February in 2024.
15. The top 10 finalists must attend the Star of Stars weekend and the gala event early February 2024.
16. The top 20 finalists, selected in September 2023, must achieve a minimum AP score of 34 in their Grade 12 final results.
17. Attach a 500 word motivation (handwritten or typed) as to why you deserve to be selected as one of the Star of Stars finalists.
PRIZES: TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY: Now
■ All bursaries and prize money are paid in 2024 as soon as the student successfully registers at the UFS.
■ The top 10 finalists will sign an agreement that they will study at the UFS in 2024.
■ Transportation to and from Bloemfontein will be provided for the top 10 finalists for the Star of Stars weekends.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Learners eligible to enter should be in Grade 12 in 2023.
2. The competition is open to learners in all five districts of the Free State: Motheo, Lejweleputswa, Xhariep, Thabo Mofutsanyane, and Fezile Dabi: a. Rural Schools b. Township Schools c. Dinaledi Schools
Only entries from Quintile 1 to 3 schools from the Free State will be accepted.
3. Learners must have applied to the University of the Free State (UFS) to study in 2024. 4. All finalists must be available to attend the Star of Stars weekends during the 2023 September school break and at the end of January 2024.