Company Fraser Alexander
Reference # General Worker
Contract Type Temporary
Salary Market Related
Location Aggeneys, Northern Cape, South Africa
Duration 3 Months
Founded in 1912, Fraser Alexander has grown from humble beginnings to become a key player in the South African mining industry and in selected global locations.
Fraser Alexander is a leading supplier of Mining services which include: Minerals Processing, Construction and Tailings. A solid and well respected brand in the mining services area is looking to attract key talents to add to its existing pool of highly sought after professionals.
Job Functions Operations
To ensure that all planned operational targets for deposition of tailings are met as per contractual obligation in time and good quality. Also ensure that there is good housekeeping and maintenance of tailings dam .
•Work with Team leader / Supervisor to achieve planned operational targets.
•Perform Inspections on designated area of responsibility every day.
• Planning and managing of tailings material on site and at depositing areas
• Follow work instructions given by the Superior for any specific task in line with operational requirements .
• Assist with the problems solving on operational challenges and, report any deviations to the immediate Supervisor.
• Adhering to discipline procedures in accordance with the Company’s Policies and Procedures.
• Ensure good housekeeping at all times and good team work .
• Adhere to all Safety rules and regulations as per all safety legislation and company procedures.
•Extension and connecting of pipelines .
•Opening and closing of valves in line with operational lines.
Grade 12 - Matric / or equivalent
Tailings Dam Operation background / experience in the mining or related industry for at least 2 years will be advantageous
SKILLS, QUALITIES and ABILITIES REQUIRED :
•Good communication skills.
•Ability to read and write in English ,
•Self discipline ,
•Good leadership skills,
•Ability to work under pressure and good team work values .
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS :
•May be required to work overtime from time to time
Job Closing Date 10/05/2022