The Financial and Fiscal Commission (FFC) exists to provide proactive, expert and independent advice to promote the
Intergovernmental Fiscal Relations (IGFR) System in South Africa, through empirical policy analysis and to ensure the
realisation of our Constitutional values. The vision is to provide influential advice to promote an equitable, efficient and
sustainable Intergovernmental Fiscal Relations system.
Salary Scale: R 329 223 - R363 552 per annum
The Financial and Fiscal Commission (FFC) is offering internship with the duration of 1 year - and with a possibility of an extension for another year. The internship provides an opportunity to benefit from skills transfer and exposure to the work activities of the FFC through coaching
1. THE PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The FFC seeks unemployed graduates who wish to gain practical experience researching the Intergovernmental Fiscal Relations (IGFR) System, and who have an interest in any of the following areas:
Public finance > Taxation > State-owned companies > Public assets and liabilities > Public sector expenditure > Macroeconomics > Metropolitan cities > Local and district municipalities > Infrastructure and economic services > Social protection and safety nets > Health and
national health insurance > Education, skills and human capital development.
2. LOCATION: CAPE TOWN AND MIDRAND/ PRETORIA
3. KEY REQUIREMENTS:
• Minimum of a Degree in Economics, Public Finance, Statistics, Econometrics or related field.
• Not be a previous beneficiary of an internship programme.
• Demonstrate a sound knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
• Proven ability to work with various quantitative/statistical software packages would be an advantage.
• Good writing and presentation skills, with excellent command of written and spoken English.
• South African citizenship.
• Priority will be given to designated groups and applicants with a postgraduate qualification.
3. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• To provide research assistance, data set compilation, econometric/statistical modelling, exploratory data work, literature searches and related assignments from time to time.
Applications: Interested applicants must submit a covering letter using the advert reference number, a Curriculum Vitae plus names of two contactable references, certified copies of qualifications, University transcripts for all academic years and a copy of Identity Document to
The FFC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and reserves the right not to make an appointment. Women and people with disabilities are invited to apply.
Where applicable, additional checks on candidates will be conducted.
Closing date: 31 August 2020
Should you not receive any correspondence/communication from the FFC one month after the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
For questions and general information please visit www.ffc.co.za or contact 011 207 2300.