CASE MANAGEMENT AND ADJUDICATION GRADUATE PROGRAMME
The Office of the Ombud for Financial Services Providers (FAIS Ombud) is established in terms of the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act, 37 of 2002 (the FAIS Act). Its objective is to consider and dispose of complaints in a procedurally fair, informal, economical and expeditious manner and by reference to what is equitable in all circumstances. The FAIS Ombud offices are located in the east of Pretoria in Gauteng.
In order to discharge its mandate, the FAIS Ombud is seeking to appoint Graduate Trainees as part of the Graduate Recruitment Programme.
The duration of the programme is as follows:
• Twelve (12) months for the Case Management department;
• Six (6) months for the Adjudication department.
Key Performance Areas: working in a target driven environment on complaints received by the public
against financial service providers and to move same towards a resolution in a procedurally fair, informal,
economical and expeditious manner.
Benefits of programme:
• Work exposure of working in a team of experienced lawyers, financial planners, investigators and negotiators;
• Training on the financial planning process, insurance, investments, retirement planning, financial services legislation and drafting. Opportunity to be part of an established statutory office;
• Be part of a dynamic office;
• Being part of Mentorship programme.
The ideal candidate should have the following skills and abilities:
• LLB degree;
• PLT (Practical Legal Training) will be an advantage.
• A passion for public service;
• An interest in Financial Services;
• Strong academic background;
• Good drafting and interpersonal skills;
• Ability to work in a stressful environment;
• Willing to work extra hours;
• Ability to extract the real issue out of a complaint;
• Computer literate;
• Energetic and self-driven;
• Results / Output / Deadline driven.
Interested parties are welcome to forward their CVs to e-mail address: Applications@faisombud.co.za.
NB: All applications must include an academic transcript. The closing date for applications is 24 April 2022. For enquiries email Ayanda@faisombud.co.za , please do not submit applications to this email address.
In accordance with the FAIS Ombud’s Recruitment Strategy, preference will be given to candidates from designated groups. Applications from people with disabilities are encouraged. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We reserve the right not to make an appointment.