Part Time Coordinator (Damelin Pretoria City)
Company Damelin Pretoria City
Reference # REF032
Contract Type Permanent
Location Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Educor is the largest private education supplier in Southern Africa., managing 10 educational brands across its more than 60 campuses and sites in South Africa and internationally. As a Group we possess a rich heritage with brands that have been in existence for many years. Since our inception in 2008, Educor has evolved into an education giant offering face-to-face, distance and online learning. Our face to face brands include Damelin, CityVarsity, ICESA and Central Technical College. Distance brands include INTEC College, Damelin Correspondence College (DCC) and our higher-education distance brand, Lyceum.
Job Functions Academic,Lecturer
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Responsible for the academic leadership and management of their department.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE:
1. Academic Development
• Design of relevant academic programmes;
• Development of curriculum for programmes;
• Aligning specifications of programmes;
• Development of programme’s associated policies;
• Submissions for regulatory approval of relevant programmes (including HEQC and DOE).
• Chair relevant quality committees including the specific Programme committee;
• Management of relevant programme budgets to ensure cost effectiveness and profitability.
2. Academic Leadership
• Participation in the monitoring, evaluation and development of academic programmes
• Promotion of research activities
• Liaison with academic colleagues and relevant people in commerce and industry to ensure ongoing development and relevant academic programmes
• Direct participation in teaching, learning and research activities.
• Ensuring that appropriate staff are appointed for all courses taught within the department
• Participation in the selection of all staff within the department and ensuring that employment contracts are prepared
• Implementation of an appropriate orientation procedure for staff
• Assessment and motivation of staff
• Conflict Management
4. Student Records and Academic Monitoring
• Participation in student registration process
• Approval of credits and exemptions
• Academic monitoring (including attendance) and maintenance of student records in consultation with the faculty administrative staff
• Control of tests and examinations
• Marking / moderation of tests and examination papers as requested by the Faculty Head
• Participation in Examination Certification and Promotion of learners.
5. General Department Management
• Chairperson of regular department staff meetings
• Liaison between department and management
• Participation in updating of departmental policies and procedures
• Maintenance of a schedule of equipment within the department
• Hard and electronic filing of all documentation for audits;
• Monitoring cancellation of lectures
• Monitoring and authorisation of printing requests
• Staff and student communication
• Staff and student grievance and discipline
• Participation in department and administrative meetings
• Participation in management events, including representing the programmes when appropriate
Should you not receive any feedback in 6 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
NB: Educor will give preference to South African citizens and those that advance its employment equity goals, suitably qualified in line with the inherent requirements of the job advertised.
• Min: Bachelors Degree
• Ideal: Honours Degree and experience in the field
• Management and Teaching in a tertiary environment;
• Strategic ability appropriate to private higher education in South Africa;
• In-depth knowledge of and / or commitment to Quality Assurance
• The ability to manage staff in a tertiary environment.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Highly computer literate with specific reference to MS Excel and PowerPoint computer skills
• Highly self-motivated
• Excellent people’s skills
• An active understanding and interest in the Educational environment
• Solid knowledge and understanding of Skills Development strategy.
Job Closing Date 30/11/2020