Counselling Psychology Internship
x2 (12 months)
DIRECTORATE OF STUDENT DEVELOPMENT AND SUPPORT
Pretoria West Campus
Ref no: 23/154
The Directorate of Student Development and Support (SDS) has two internship vacancies on the Pretoria West campus. The internship spans one year and is in Counselling Psychology. It will start the in January 2024.
The Directorate of Student Development and Support (SDS) in Higher Education and Development has two internship vacancies on the Pretoria West campus. The internship spans one year and is in Counselling Psychology.
INSTRUCTIONS: Applicants are required to submit together with the CVs, a standardized application form available from the university intranet as well as recently certified copies of qualifications and identity documents. Failure to comply with this instruction will disqualify the candidate. Further note that candidates may be expected to make a presentation or undergo competency testing.
Critical Performance Areas:
· Offer a professional and competent counselling services to registered TUT students
· To help foster and develop both the academic and personal skills of TUT students
· To be able to work within a team and contribute to effective team functioning
Minimum Requirements (Qualification):
· Currently registered as a Masters student in Counselling Psychology at a recognized University
· The M1 year of the Master’s degree in Psychology completed successfully
· Ability to work with people individually or in groups
· Ability to manage stress and time effectively
· Ability to apply and facilitate effective communication.
· Ability to counsel, mentor and provide guidance.
· Ability to prioritize and organize, function independently and take responsibility for tasks.
· Ability to operate effectively in team context.
· Ability to take initiative and to be creative and innovative.
· Effective presentation, lecturing and facilitation skills (individuals, group, facilitation, etc.)
· Ability to apply a professional code of ethics and maintain confidentiality.
· Registered as a Masters student in Counselling Psychology at a recognized university
Send the following documents to Malanl@tut.ac.za
· A CV
· An certified ID copy
· A reference letter from a current lecturer/supervisor
· All relevant certified registration documents from the HPCSA
· A certified academic record
Enquiries: Lynne Malan (firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date : 08 September 2023
If we have not responded within a month of the closing date, you should regard your application as unsuccessful. Correspondence will be entered into only with short-listed candidates. The University reserves the right not to make an appointment.