PERFORMANCE ANALYST INTERN
Performance Analyst Intern (COR201008-2) - 2018 Logo
Closing Date 2021/03/31
Reference Number COR201008-2
Job Title Performance Analyst Intern
Job Type Classification Permanent
Location - Country South Africa
Location - Province Western Cape
Location - Town / City Claremont, Cape Town
Introducing a fantastic opportunity for a newly qualified graduate to start a career in performance analysis at Coronation Fund Managers. This graduate needs to have a quantitative background and must have majored in subjects such as mathematics, statistics, actuarial science or quantitative finance. This is a great opportunity to join an established and high performing team in a leading asset management company.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Full involvement in the performance cycle
• Responsible for daily and monthly performance procedure
• Ad hoc performance queries
• Ex-post performance and risk analysis
• Compiling and evaluating performance data for business pitches
• Responsible for the performance data sign off process
• Maintenance of performance databases
• Maintenance of performance systems
• Understanding of operational work-flow, performance and attribution methodologies and portfolio risk statistics.
• An excellent understanding of investment strategies, financial instruments, and markets.
• Understanding of detailed investment data sets and fund accounting data
• Financial mathematics or statistical orientation
• BBusSci/ BComm (Actuarial, Quantitative Management)
• BSc (Maths, Statistics)
Most Important Attribute
Analytical and incredible attention to detail.
• Good systems knowledge and skills required
• Excel essential
• Statpro (Performance & Attribution, Interactive) an advantage
• Morningstar Direct, INet an advantage
• SQL knowledge an advantage