City of Johannesburg Department of Economic Development
2023/2024 PUBLIC EMPLOYMENT PROGRAMME
RECRUITMENT OF (113) PUBLIC CLEANERS AND (24) PEACE OFFICERS REGION E (WARDS 81, 91 AND 74)
KEW & WYNBERG BUSINESS NODES
The Department of Economic Department was approved by National Treasury for the funding of PEP projects with the aim of improving the space economy and increasing investor confidence while providing work opportunities for the unemployed youth. The implementation of this project will significantly stem out economic degeneration and capital flight as well as contribute to the creation of job opportunities. The duration of the programme is 11 months —August 2023 — June 2024, subject to the availability of the Public Employment Programme Grant.
The special focus will be on the Region E Business Nodes. The key interventions are focusing on street cleaning, and Public Safety Operations.
The City is calling upon those that are unemployed to participate in the programme who also meet the following criteria:
- Must be South African
- No criminal record
- Reside in Region E, Municipal Wards (Ward 81, 91 and 74)
- Proof of residence within the targeted wards (Letter from the Ward Councillor)
- PSIRA recognised training for Peace Officer applicants
- SARS Letter
- Proof of Bank Account not older than three months (NOT a Bank Statement)
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Five days of weekdays, 8 hours a day, excluding holidays and weekends
- May not benefit from more than one EPWP.
- May be deployed where there are urban decay/hotspots at the discretion of Supervisors.
- No transport will be provided.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
Curriculum Vitae with all the supporting documents (certified ID copy, proof of residence,
Certificates — if any) must be hand delivered / submitted to:
Region E Regional Office
B2 Building, Ground Floor (Ward Governance Office)
137 Daisy Street
Closing date: 28 JULY 2023