EPWP: SHORT TERM CONTRACT POSITIONS
(Not exceeding 12 months)
Vacancy Bulletin: STC
City of Johannesburg
Friday, 19 May 2023 This Vacancy is open to Employees of the City of Johannesburg and External Applicants
Closing Date: City of Johannesburg and External Applicants Thursday, 25 May 2023
Department: Public Safety
Branch: Johannesburg Metropolitan Police Department (JMPD)
Designation: EPWP: Traffic Warden
Remuneration: R3 800 pm (monthly stipend)
Location: 22 Village Road, Wemmer Complex/VARIOUS
• Grade 12 (NQF level 4);
• Valid driver’s licence will be an added advantage;
• Will be trained as Traffic Warden;
• Affidavit that the applicant has no criminal record.
To patrol an area as assigned for the enforcement of general law and order in terms of powers conferred upon a Peace Officer in terms of Government Notice R159 dated 02 February 1979 as amended, in particular the prevention of crimes in terms of the Criminal Procedure Act 51 of 1977 as well as other legislations (i.e. National Road Traffic Act, CoJ By-laws).
Key Performance Areas:
• Assist in the Prevention of Crime and Maintain Law and Order to ensure the Execution of Duties based on the Batho Pele Principles.
• Enforce and Execute the provisions set out in the Criminal Procedure Act 51 of 1977 to ensure Public Safety Service Delivery based on the Batho Pele Principles.
• Participate in community-related services to ensure public safety service delivery based on the Batho Pele Principles.
• Assist in executing crime prevention functions to ensure public safety delivery based on the Batho Pele Principles.
• Act with Integrity.
• Knowledge of Criminal Procedure Act 51 of 1977;
• Knowledge of the City’s By-Laws.
• National Road Traffic Act.
• Customer and Service Delivery Management (Batho Pele) Ethics.
• Impact and Influence.
“All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and will be
considered. The City of Johannesburg applies the principles of employment
equity as per National legislation and policy guidelines and will consider
designated groups in line with these requirements. Preference will be given to
previously disadvantaged groups including those with disabilities.
Appointments will be made in accordance with the approved Employment
Equity Plan to promote its equitable representation in terms of race, gender and
ENQUIRIES ONLY: Contact Person: Zandile Mgabhi @ Tel No: 011 490 1706
CLOSING DATE: THURSDAY, 25 MAY 2023
Applicants are respectfully informed that, if no notification of appointment/response is received within six (6) weeks of the closing date, they must accept that their application was unsuccessful. By submitting your application for a position at the City of Johannesburg, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection and related process. In terms of the Talent Acquisition Policy of the City of Johannesburg, you hereby consent to the following risk checks should your application be shortlisted:
• Credit Record.
• CV validation.
• Employment record verification.
• Criminal check.
• Identity validation.
Please take note that only online applications will be considered.